First and foremost, I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! Mine was lovely, despite feeling like some poop. It seems my unborn child was reminding me just how lucky I am this Mother's Day by making me nauseous, sick and unable to eat. Such a sweetie, huh? hehe.
So a quick recap of the weekend:
Saturday was horrible. I felt so bad all day long, I woke up with a migraine in the back of my head that just wouldn't let up. I began to get sick starting around 10am and had about 4 or 5 episodes, the last one ending at 8pm. There were definitely tears shed, I think I am just wondering why I seem to be getting worse instead of better as the days go on. Kyle went car shopping again without me, but he did bring a vehicle back to the house for me to look at. It was a Ford Freestyle and I liked it a lot! It really seemed to have everything that we needed, enough seating, storage and the all important DVD player for the Cam Man. I'll keep you posted on this as we are still looking at the price and determining if it is the absolute right thing to do.
Sunday was better, at first, and I woke up feeling pretty good. No morning sickness which to me signals a great day to come. We got ready and went to the In-Laws house for a lunch BBQ, it was yummy good. They got me some new maternity shirts which was very unexpected but appreciated! Cameron spent the majority of the time playing with my brother-in-law, Marc, and after lunch I was able to rest on the couch...even took a tiny nap while my Father-in-law watched the Military Channel- enough to put anyone to sleep in my opinion hehe. All in all it was a very nice time, about an hour after lunch I started to feel bad though, the queasiness came and unfortunately didn't leave for the rest of the evening. For dinner, we went to the Outback to meet my parents. Cameron was a delight, so well behaved and I thank God for that. It made it so pleasurable for me and my Mom. Dinner "looked" good but I could not eat a thing. I ordered a soup and side salad in hopes of getting something down, but I took one bite of each and thats all she wrote. I cried a little, because I am very drained, tired and I miss food!!!! Oh well, just a few more weeks...I will keep telling myself that!
So this is when the blog becomes interactive, I want some opinions here people! Feel free to comment or if you can't comment, send me an email, facebook message- anything.
This morning I read a post from a girl on my message board. The title was "I'm having a ???" and when I opened it up, I read that she was having a girl! I thought to myself, wow, she is only 16 weeks pregnant and already knows. Well I went to read on and it turns out that she did something called a 2D sonogram which can detect gender at 16 weeks. HOLY COW! I quickly looked to see if there were any places that did 2D sonograms in Maryland and my friend Amanda suggested the place that she went to. Sure enough, 16 week 2D sonogram will detect gender (baby cooperating of course) we can listen to the heartbeat and get a few photos...the cost is only $50!
Now you might be thinking, can't you just wait? And the answer is NO people, I can't! lol. I've known that I was pregnant since I was 3 weeks along, which is generally 5-6 weeks earlier than an average person...I've basically come to the conclusion that my OB won't be doing my gender test until 22 weeks- which is another 11 weeks from now where I could have this done in 5 weeks. FIVE WEEKS! So, what do you all think? Should I go for it, or wait it out? Be honest- I will take all opinions to heart.
Other than that, this week is pretty non eventful...but the weekend, however, is Cheryl's baby shower which I am very excited about. Kyle will be in Deep Creek for the weekend to get drunky for Jay's bachelor party (lord keep him safe) Cameron will be with his Dad which means this weekend is truly going to a lonely one for me. I'll probably stay at my parents house because the thought of being alone at my house all weekend terrifies me, but we will see. I hope everyone has a spectacular week and if I don't post again, I will be sure to let you all know how the First Trimester Screen goes next Monday, keep your fingers crossed that we have one healthy little baby in there!
Take Care:)




3 comments:
The 16 week u/s are good, but not 100% reliable. I'd probably wait and see if you can do the big u/s at 18 weeks (you should have it covered by insurance and done somewhere from 18-20 weeks). All the u/s are "2D" now . . . I'd save the $50, and think about doing the 3D/4D u/s the 3rd trimester - you can see your baby in 3D detail and moving, and get one of those video packages to keep for the future, and you'll be able to see who he/she looks like. - Tkeys
Since this pregancy has been so planned, practically to the minute, I vote that you not find out at all, and let the baby surprise you when it is born! That's what I would do anyway, so I think you should too!
And I agree with Tkeys on saving the money (car payment)!!
Emily
The 2D u/s is just what they call the basc black & white ones you get at the RE and OB. You've already had one (or two?) at this point. They say "they" (fetal photography studios) can detect gender at 16 weeks, that just means they are willing to. Your OB could too. I told my OB that I was going for a 3D/4D (those are the brown looking ones where you can see definition, facial features, etc) at 17 weeks and she said "They *should* be able to tell you what you are having". I am so impatient that I did it anyway. The tech at that appt told us It's a Girl! and 3 weeks later my OB confirmed it. The tech at my 17 weeks scan got some really good shots, the baby was VERY cooperative so she said at the time that she was 100% sure it was a girl, and it is. If you go to a good studio, specialist they should tell you if they are unsure. My tech said she'd tell me how sure she was. As for going back in the 3rd trimester, I did that too!! :) haha We had so much fun at our first appt that we scheduled another! If you can afford it, I'd say 1000% yes, go for it!
I have pics on my blog of my first 3D/4D u/s (the one where I was 17 weeks) I think I posted them on December 26th, they'll be somewhere around there :)
Post a Comment