Monday, November 17, 2008

Definitely Chillin Out

I finally think I've kicked Lupron's ass because for the most part, I am much more laid back and calm (Kyle will probably say different but just ignore him!) For example, at last nights terrible excuse for athletism, aka the Redskins/Dallas game, I normally would have gotten very very upset at the fact that the Skins lost. Instead, I was very relaxed about it, I grabbed Kyles hand and walked out with him smiling and laughing. He was a great Skins fan last night, even though he will never admit to it. He clapped, and even waved the "Rally Towel" at one point. It was awesome. There is a slight acception to this calmess I claim to have had, however, because some stupid (insert bad name here) was sitting in front of us and of course, she was the typical "I know nothing about football so I'll root for Dallas BECAUSE I know nothing about football" girls. At one point I envisioned jumping over the seats and punching her in the back of the neck. I'll just blame that on the Lupron!

The only thing I drank last night during the game was a hot chocolate, and it was a COLD game. I shivered throughout the whole thing, even after wearing 4 layers and covered with a blanket. Suffering through all the cold, the wind and the stupid girl in front of me just to watch the Skins lose. Out of the four games lost, three have been at home. There is just nothing acceptable about this. You need to win at home for your fans. End of discussion.

So I had my Day 8 monitoring appt, and I cannot believe its already been 8 days since I started stimming. The nurse had to stick my 3 times before she found a vein to draw blood, that was pleasant. She saw my scarf and asked me if I went to the game last night, I told her yes, and she said that it was the reason my blood didn't want to come out today. She is most likely right. I'm tired, and dehydrated...and most certainly learned my lesson about the importance of H20.

My ultrasound went a little better, it didn't take the tech 3 times to find the right place to go if you know what I mean! The Doctor said it appears that I will need a few more days to stim, and should expect the retreival to be Friday or Saturday. I'm hoping for Saturday so that I don't have to miss any work- but we will see. My follicles ranged from 10.5mm to 15.8mm, I actually had three of them in the 15mm area. In total, I have 10 follicles still in the running.. I hope the slackers start to catch up.

Cousin Leslie had her transfer yesterday, so in about 2 weeks we will know if she gets her big beautiful positive, keeping my fingers crossed!

Today marked the beginning of my daily monitoring appt to the doctors, I'm still contemplating the idea of getting a sleeping bag and just staying the night in their lobby, that would be easier than dealing with 270 traffic at 6am. Oh yes 270, I still hate you.

Oh and definitely check out my last blog post, the You Tube video "I would Die for That"...I think it really brings a whole new appreciation to fertility and the nasty infertility that we deal with.

Til tomorrow...

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones