So, what do you think of the title? Corny??? Well, it made me laugh so its staying put.
Today was Day 11 monitoring, it started off with my alarm malfunctioning, so I woke up in a panic when my clock said 6:45 and the alarm hadn't gone off. I raced downstairs to take my meds and let the dogs out, and when I looked at the stove on the clock, it said 6:15. Whew. What a relief. I proceeded to get in my car at 6:45 to drive to Rockville, and of course for the third day in a row, it took me 20 minutes just to get to Urbana (6 miles away) It took me a full hour to get to Rockville, but I got there right in time. 270S is a nightmare...thank goodness it wasn't raining or lord knows what the idiots on the road would be doing.
Anywho, I got to the Dr. and of course it started off with my morning bloodwork. The nurse asked me if my veins came out to play today, I said that I doubted it. I was right, one try in the arm- and then straight to the hand. Maybe next time when they need to do bloodwork I will just say "Talk to the hand cause the arm ain't listening!" hahahahahahaa. No? Okay no, that wasn't funny.
I then had my ultrasound, the BIG ultrasound to tell me if today is trigger day. It was just me and the ultrasound tech, no doctor which was kind of weird. The ultrasound tech remained fairly quiet which was abnormal, she is usually Mrs. Talky Talkerton- so I was concerned. At the end, she said that "It could be trigger day" I beg your pardon, could???? Ugh, I about cried. She told me to get dressed and meet in the consult room for the nurse to go over trigger instructions. So I did, I peeked at my chart before going into the consult room and I saw that I had a total of 16 follicles, but more notably, I had 22.4mm and 21.8mm on my right and 19.4mm and 17.5mm on my left. When I walked into the consult room, the nurse there was super nice. She told me that it looks like I have plenty of decent follicles and she can't see why tonight wouldn't be my trigger. That eased me a bit. She then went over all the instructions of what will happen in the next 48 hours. Its a mouthful, but I guess the main part for right now is that my nurse will be calling me this afternoon to let me know if I indeed will trigger, then shortly after the surgery scheduler will be calling me to tell me the exact time to trigger and my surgery appt on Saturday. I was told that I might have to take another shot of follistim tonight just to give me a boost, but that nurse Mary will let me know when she calls me later.
The nurse marked the spot where Kyle should be giving me the trigger shot tonight and I was on my way. She also gave me a speciman cup for Kyle- he has to do his thang at home on Saturday morning and bring it in before the surgery. He is bummed, he gets a kick out of doing it at the doctors office. Only Kyle.
Now for the moment we have all been waiting for, I took my very last shot of Lupron this morning. You can't see me right now, but just believe that I am dancing in my seat. If it was socially acceptable, I would be doing cartwheels in my cubicle.
Anyways, I'll go over the rest of the procedure tomorrow, since I won't have anything else to really update on because I won't have any bloodwork or ultrasound.
Now for my bad news of the day, because there is always something, I found out that my regular doctor will most likely not be the one to perform the procedure on Saturday. I'm kind of bummed about it, I really like and trust him, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, when you pick your OB out, chances are a different doctor that is on call will deliver the baby, I guess its the same way with whoever is scheduled to do the procedures will do them that day. When I talked to my nurse about it, she told me the Dr. that was working on Saturday was one of the best, that she is very thorough and patients love her. She also tried to make me feel comfortable that it would be a female. LOL, please. Like at this point I really care who is looking up there. I've been viewed at and physically abused with sonogram equipment for months now- lets just get er done.
I began pondering something the other day, which is never a good thing, but I thought I would share in my skeptism of the IVF procedure. I was thinking, lets just say that there is only one embryo that has made it all the way to transfer after this is all done. And that one embryo gets damaged when they are placing it back in the cathetar to insert into my uterus? Like, would they know if they it was damaged during that process, and if they did, would they tell me? Like oops, we accidently just sliced your embryo in half while preparing for insertion so we'll pay for our screw up, or do they just let me get a negative pregnancy test and go thru the emotions that it didn't work? OR, is it impossible for that to happen at all?? See, this is what happens when I have a full 2 months to think of everything that could go wrong, I drive myself (and everyone else for that matter) crazy. I think its logical to worry about this stuff though, as ubsurd as it might sound to anyone else.
A few Happy Birthdays this week: My mother-in-law, Connie, celebrated her birthday on Tuesday and our friend Jessica is turning 26 tomorrow! Happy birthday Ladies!
Til tomorrow....




1 comment:
OK, thanks. I hadn't thought about damage to the embryo! Now I have another thing to worry about for the next two weeks. :)
Post a Comment