This whole experience has been so mind altering. The appreciation for the science of medicine and how if it weren't for the technology we have today, Kyle and I would not be able to conceive a child together. Its amazing what doctors' can do and we are so very grateful to have this opportunity. I'm so very hopeful that the IVF works and that in 9-10 months, Kyle and I are holding a brand new baby.
Kyle has been absolutely amazing with Cameron, and 5 years ago, I never would have thought that I would have what I have today. I remember sitting down with my Mom about a year after Cameron was born, telling her that I didn't see how I would ever be able to afford living on my own with Cameron under only my income. I told her that I couldn't see how any man would want to date me because I had "baggage". It was a little over a year later when Kyle and I started turning our friendship into something more and I remember when he told me that he wanted me to be his girlfriend, I told him that it wasn't that easy. That I had a son who would always come first and it would be different than the relationships he was used to being in. That night Kyle told me that he knew about Cameron, that he wouldn't have dated me if he wasn't okay with it and that he really cared for me. Kyle was indeed the real deal, and I'm so happy that over 3 years later he is my husband and my best friend. I can't wait to see him with a baby, he is going to be an absolutely amazing gift to our child as he has been to Cameron and me. I pray IVF gives Kyle his baby.
In other news, my little boy, Cameron, is turning 6 years old at the end of this month. Time sure does fly by. Nelson, Katie (Cams Dad and Stepmom) Kyle and I are throwing Cameron a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese's. He is super excited about it and all he wants for his birthday is a Nintendo DS. I think my Mom is going to get him Rock Band for our Wii- gotta admit, I'm kind of excited about it. Guitar Hero is addicting but I've only played it a few times at friends houses- I figure Cameron can play the drums, Kyle the guitar and me, well I'll sing because you all know how great of a voice I have!!!! HEY, leave your sarcastic remarks elsewhere!
Cameron had his first school photo taken and we got them back last week. He is so handsome, I am going to have to keep the ladies off of him with a stick when he gets older. He has, lets see I think its 10 girlfriends now, but his favorite is named Emma, and Cameron told his Dad that he gave Emma a kiss. Shoot me now people.




2 comments:
I'm so excited you are almost done with the shots!! Enjoy that relief. The next week or so will be tough, too - a lot of waiting and worrying, but you can get through it! I hope you get a nice fat BFP on the other side!
Thanks for sharing your story . . . it sounds like you've found a wonderful man, and I hope you can soon add a little one to your family.
-Tkeys
Just wait until you get the IM shots in your backside everyday. I can't sit on my right cheek anymore. :)
Post a Comment