270, I loved you today. You let me get to Rockville in 30 minutes, plenty of time for my appt. Why can't you be like that everyday, why do I have to sit in an hour of traffic to go 23 miles? Lets just be friends, ok?
So onto the Dr. appt, bloodwork was fine, she got it in my arm the first time (this nurse seems to be the only one to do so) and my ultrasound tech was much more talky today.
Drum roll please:
Right: 17.8mm 14.5mm 21.8mm 13.4mm 22.6mm 24.8mm 12.9mm 14.7mm
Left: 18.9mm 20.0mm 20.8mm 21.6mm 22.4mm
To my surprise when I was eating breakfast at work, I was getting a call from Shady Grove Fertility. WHAT? Something has to be wrong, they never call this early. It was nurse Mary, she said that she is calling because she wanted to get me on the phone to tell me that I am DEFINITELY TRIGGERING TONIGHT!!!!! YAYYYYYYY. She has to talk to Dr. Levy to double check that I won't need to take a boost of Follistim, but other than that, she said my left ovary produced "beautiful" follicles and I have 10 total that are in range. SO, I went from 6 yesterday to 10, I guess that wait was for the best. Yes yes, doctors know best.
So now I am just waiting for the surgical team to call me and tell me what time to trigger, and then exactly 36 hours from then I will be knocked out and getting my eggies taken away from me.
Let me quickly touch on the trigger shot, I mean can we talk about the size of this thing? 1.5 inch needle right into my back muscle, ouchy.

I stop my baby aspirin but continue taking the prenatal vitamin. The nurse told Kyle and I to do a little bed dancing tonight, Kyle is always happy when we get instructed to do it, that way he knows its a sure thing since I always follow doctors orders lol.
On another note, I am so excited that this week is over, and that the weekend is here. My boss has already given me permission to have Monday off if I need a bit more recovery time from the retrieval, but I plan to do everything I can to make it in. I'm super excited about the short week coming up, the egg transfer and my baby boys 6th birthday party.
The Skins play Seattle this week, I feel like the Seahawks are Redskins kryptonite, kind of like Matt McCarthy is to me in fantasy football. Hopefully the Redskins take advantage of Seattles total craphole of a team right now and get a win on the road. More importantly, I hope I am not too drugged up to watch the game!
Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and again, Happy Bday Jess Cullen!




No comments:
Post a Comment