Saturday, November 22, 2008

It was no big thang.....

I got the call right before leaving work yesterday that my trigger shot should be taken at exactly 7:30pm. I came home, had dinner with Cam and Kyle..then took the ice pak to my back for about 20 minutes to numb the spot. I got really nauseous walking to the kitchen to get the shot, its such a big needle. I leaned up against the kitchen counter and at 7:30...hello Kyle are you going to give me the shot or what? He said, its done! Done? OMG, I didn't feel a thing:) I was so excited, and besides a little blood, there were no problems.

There is no stopping me now, my eggs are coming out tomorrow! We have to be in Rockville at 6am for the retrieval at 7:30, which means we have to leave the house at 5:30, yuck. Cameron is staying with Kyles parents tonight because he is not allowed to be at the center, and its just too early to drop him off to Nelson. So I am all by myself at home, feeling okay, a bit tired and the injection spot is a tad sore. I'm watching Father of the Bride, lol...it doesn't matter how many times I have seen the damn movie, if its on, I'm watching it.

I asked Nurse Mary yesterday if the plan to do a 5 day transfer was still on, she told me at this point, the eggs rule the world..but thats still the hopeful plan. I'll post tomorrow if I'm up to it about how many eggs they retrieved, but if not, on Monday I will post and also have the numbers of how many have fertilized.

Wish us luck:)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Good luck tomorrow- although I know you will be just fine. You lucked out with the timing of the shot- I had mine at 12:30am so I had to stay up very late just to get poked in the backside.
I'm not going to guess about the number of eggs but let us know what happens.
Love, Leslie

Me said...

Good luck! Hope they get lots of eggs. Hang in there - the next few days are the toughest part.

-Tkeys


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones