Saturday, November 15, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

I didn't expect to post until Monday, but I find myself mildly addicted to blogging. Its for the best, to document as much as possible..but when I am driving home from the doctor thinking about what things I want to write today, I think I'm borderline obsessed! Kyle told me yesterday that he really enjoys reading the blog, I hope the rest of you feel the same way- I try to keep it upbeat and fun, because really if it wasn't, who would want to read it? I try to touch on this fertility stuff, but if I feel like adding something about an amazing "Endless Pleasure" adult toy I saw last night at the party, I'll do that too. Again, feel free to leave comments, hey, even vote on my poll (and for those who voted BOY, I better not find out who you are! lol)

Now...on to the diary of a mad white infertile woman:

So, Kyle went to the Dr. with me this morning, which was really exciting, he never gets to go:( The sonogram showed 5 dominant follicles , 2 at 10mm,2 at 12mm and 1 at 13mm. I also had 2 more just below 10mm. I again know nothing more than this, I don't know if this is good or bad, but I guess I'm trying to go with the ignorance is bliss attitude right now.

And YAY, I got 8 more syringes for lovely Lupron. I must say I seem to be a little bit more balanced lately, like if I am pissed off, its generally because of something that would normally piss me off even when I am not on medicines. My stress level has decreased, sort of, and I'm even finding myself able to laugh every once and awhile.

After the Dr. appt Kyle and I went to FSK Mall because Amanda told me about this kiosk that sold NFL stuff. I got myself a new Skins hat and scarf for tomorrows game, brrr, and a new decal for the Tahoe. That always helps the mood.

Last night I got home from the Adult party around 11pm, Kyle was laying on the couch just hanging out. I grabbed some food since I hadn't eaten all day, and then went upstairs to lay down. On my way upstairs, Kyle mentioned to me that I had not given him a kiss on the lips for 3 days. THREE days. I started to say no, thats impossible, but when I sat there and thought about it, god was he right? Thats terrible. Our relationship is anything but sour, besides my occasional burst of emotions which he is accustomed to, we have been getting along better than ever. I just couldn't believe it. I started to get teary eyed, thinking that I have been so busy worrying about all of this fertility stuff, I'm neglecting my husband. I guess I have to have my eyes open more to his feelings, I can imagine that this is just as tough for him in some cases. He has always been my rock, I take that for granted sometimes. Kyle, you are my best friend and I don't know what I would do without you in my life. Thank you for everything you do for me and our family- I'm sorry it took so long to give you a deserved shout out. I promise to be better.

So tonight is a chill night, got the Cam Man and right now he is watching Spiderman 3 for about the 55th time. Apparently when he was 2 and I thought the love for Spiderman was a phase, I was wrong. I can be wrong sometimes, but ONLY sometimes....like once a month or something like that. Its rainy and Kyle is at his MoCo football playoff game, so its just me, Cam and the dogs, oh and Spiderman.

I'm going to lay on the couch now, wait for the Nurse call and for my Hubby to come home. Some more shots tonight, the Skins game tomorrow and a Dr appt on Monday morning... til then, holla.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

Good luck to you! I'm following your blog because I go to the same clinic (Annandale, VA location is my primary location) and my Lupron shots start on Thanksgiving, with the retrieval scheduled for 12/15. I'm 33 and we have unexplained infertility. good luck again and hang in there!

Christine


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones