Friday, November 14, 2008

Just when I thought my mind was made up... Daddy Crook shows up!

You'll remember in my previous post that I was very sad that I am not going to the Skins game this weekend, as it would be my first home Skins vs. Dallas game that I would be missing in 5 years. Last night at dinner with the in-laws, my Dad called and asked the dreaded question "Do you want to go to the game on Sunday" AHHHHHHHHHHHH. I had my mind made up, it made no sense for me to go, I'm not drinking and I have to get up super early for the Dr. on Monday, I had even told my Dad not to worry about tickets because I wasn't going to go. He didn't listen.

So, I started thinking, how can I physically have the tickets and turn them down. It would have to be the biggest sin of a Redskins fan ever. People would die to have tickets for this game..and then I think, well if I don't go, what if a Dallas fan ends up with my tickets and then we have another MNF game where half the stadium is filled with the opposing teams fans. No, I just couldn't do it, I could not say no. I'm weak I know, but I'm a fan that loves her skins!!!

My Mom wants to go, and historically this year we are like 3-1 at going to the games together and the Skins winning, so I'm feeling good about this. Kyle is also going. I know what you are thinking, you are bringing a gay bama ass Giants fan to the Skins game? But in all fairness, Kyle will be rooting for the Skins (because I told him I would divorce him if he didn't) haha, jokes. Anyways, the past 3 years Kyle has gone to the Skins/Dallas game and they have won all 3 years, so just consider him my personal good luck charm. I swear if he boos at all, I'll push him down the stairs. (just kidding Kyle, I LOVE YOU)

Now, back to the reason that we are all here. My lovely infertility. I kind of freaked out yesterday after realizing that I only had 4 dominant follicles at the monitoring appt. I didn't know what it really meant, if I was on track, or if I should be worried. I've heard terror stories of ladies going through all of the meds and all of the appts and at the end, the IVF being cancelled due to poor response. I honestly do not know how I will handle that if that happened to me. Its not like you get refunded the money on medicines just because my ovaries didn't cooperate, and going through the whole cycle....ugh I just don't even want to think about it.

Anyways, I was sharing my worries with some of my fav message board ladies, and I got reassurance that I'm right where I should be, and that they too had a lower response at the first appt but by the end they had plenty of follicles to work with. It also reassured me that my nurse did not increase my medicines, meaning they must think I'm okay for now. I have another appt tomorrow where I should get a better idea of what my body is doing.

Tonight is Amanda's first Adult Toy party as a consultant, I'm very excited and I know she will do great! I brought my meds with me and will have to step away for a moment to shoot myself up, I hope I don't miss any good vibrators while I'm away...haha j/k...or am I????

To end todays post, a bit of bad news. Turns out, Lupron isn't going anywhere and in fact, I have to get more syringes tomorrow at the Dr. office and continue the injections every morning, apparently until I trigger. So, for those of you who have dealt with my shitty ass attitude for the past 2 weeks, unfortunately, its not going anywhere. Sorry, blame it on my Dr.

Have a good weekend:) I'll post Saturday and Monday monitoring appt results on Monday morning when I return to work.

1 comment:

Me said...

I think it is a good idea to go to the game! Live your life and don't sit home waiting on what comes next - you will be better for it mentally!

As for the lupron - I found it lessened in effect the more the follicles grew, so you should be feeling better soon. Remember, you are also dealing with stress from all of this. The uncertainty is the worst part.

I promise, those follicles will keep growing, and they will be able to increase your meds at the next appointment if you need it. The hardest part is trusting that your drs actually know what they are doing!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones