I went to the day 4 monitoring appt this morning, and before I post about that, I'd to share my annoyance with 270 South traffic in the am.
I hate you.
Okay, moving on.... I had bloodwork and ultrasound this morning, they actually took blood out of my arm instead of my hand. Quite exciting, less painful, although because I have small veins, it took twice as long. Oh well though, because I am getting bloodwork done every day starting on Saturday, I'd really like to give them different places to draw blood for less irritation. Anyways, so todays monitoring appt was to see how things are moving along with my follicles, to see if they are growing with all of the medicines. The RE saw 7 stand out follies on my right, and 10 on my left. They ranged from 7.4mm to 9.6mm...of course this means really nothing to me because I do not know where I should be at right now. I asked the ladies of my message board what their thoughts were, and one very knowledgeable (whoop whoop Tkeys!) lady told me that what they are looking for now is the follicles to be growing over 10mm but that I am still very early into stimming so by my Saturday visit, they should be over 10mm, and that they are growing together in size. All my RE said today was that I was "Off to a good start" Whatever that means! I'm hoping that when my nurse calls today, she tells me more about if they are happy with where I am at or if they want to increase the dosages of my medicine. Also, I'm almost out of lupron, I have 3 more syringes, so I need to ask if they are ordering me more or if I can just stop. OMG I will be so excited to be off of Lupron, my mood swings might finally stop! Well, I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself there.
I also started charting my temperatures on day 1 of my period. Apparently you can tell a lot about when you are ovulating and if in deed you conceived by taking your temperature. I really don't get it, but I figured I would just temp every morning, chart it, and then the lovely ladies of the message boards would analyze it. Great idea huh?
Leslie's egg retreival went better than expected, they retrieved 24 eggs! My guess was 26 so I was super close...I asked if I got a prize, the answer was no. Damn.
The tentative egg transfer will be on Sunday so please join with me in prayers that the eggies fertilize and Leslie gets the pick of the litter to transfer back home into her uterus:)
Also on Sunday is the Washington Redskins against the Dallas Cowboys home game. Its the first one I'm missing in 5 years....I'm a tad sad, but with it being an 8:00 game, me not getting home until 2am and then having to be back in Rockville to the dr. at 7:00am, its for the best. Tony Romo is coming back, and my hope is that the Skins Def makes him wish he stayed on the bench.
HAIL SKINS!!!!!!




2 comments:
Shan you and Kyle will have this baby and HE/she (I want a baby boy for JJ to play with, you're so mad) will be beautiful! Here for anything you need!
Baby Boorstein's #1 supporter,
Love Mandy!
You crack me up!!! I love the humor in your posts! Glad that we think everything is ok!
And...
HAIL SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna kick some Cowboy *ss... AGAIN!!!!
XOXO
Post a Comment