Last night on my way home, I was on the phone with Jess, as I am every night on my drive home. It keeps us in touch and makes my drive go by way faster. Anywho, we were discussing the injections and she asked me if my stomach looked bruised. I said, "You know, remarkably not, I've been giving myself at least one shot a day for over a week and you wouldn't be able to tell at all by looking at my stomach, there are no marks." I guess I spoke too soon, I woke up this morning to find my very first bruise. Its not too bad, about the size of a nickel..hurts to touch..but I guess it could be worse. I'm just wondering, if I've already gotten one bruise and I've only been doing Follistim and Luveris for 2 nights, what the heck is my stomach going to look like after 10 days of this? Grrrr.
LOL, I guess it shouldn't really matter though, for the same reason I shouldn't have a belly button ring anymore, I'm fat and no one will ever see my stomach.
Last night I took a bath, I don't know what it is about baths that can just take me from 60 to 0 in one minute. If you've seen my master bath, you know about my tub and if you've ever talked to me about my tub, you know how much I love that thing. But while in the bath last night I all of the sudden started wondering, should I be doing this? Men aren't supposed to get in saunas or hot baths because it worsens their sperm, so wouldn't that be the same for my little eggies that I am trying to have grow. I quickly got out of the bath and ran on the computer. I didn't really find any concrete stuff about not taking baths while stimming, only not to take baths after the retrieval and transfer. Google did bring up a message board where ladies were talking about the situation, saying that a hot bath would "cook" their eggs. Shit. I'm going to put a call into the doctor shortly.
Other than that, nothing much is going on. Coming up on my 6th month review here at MedImmune. Kind of crazy that its been 6 months, it doesn't feel like that long at all...but everything good always flies by. Gas is $1.99 at the Exxon right beside our house so thats super exciting, and Crystal gave me a new total of $8500.00 that was raised for Mike at the golf tournament, it was a bigger success than we originally thought!
My prayers go out to the Malone Family, a friend of mine sister-in-law, who had the misfortune of miscarrying twins last week. One cannot imagine the pain you must be going through.
I also am wishing Leslie good luck, she triggered last night and has her retrieval tomorrow at 12:30 (in Egypt time I have NO idea what time it would be here) so best of luck big cuz...I'm right behind you and praying for you!
Oh and P.S tomorrow is my first monitoring appt in Rockville at 7am! Its our first look at how my follies are reacting to all of these medicines. I'll be back tomorrow to update:)




1 comment:
Good luck at the doctors today! I look forward to another post upon your return stating how perfect everything looks!!!
XOXO
Post a Comment