Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hello, Pizza Face!

I swear, if skin break out is a sign of pregnancy, then I'm pregnant with Sextuplets! Ugh its bad and I've never had it like this, not even during puberty! The wonders of make-up I tell ya- or else I would be scaring off anyone who came into contact with me.

Boo.

I sent an email to my nurse this morning, I think I am going to take up her offer to have my beta test tomorrow. IF I need to do a repeat beta test, that would be Saturday if I waited to Thursday to do the first one...and we are going out of town on Saturday- so it just makes sense to move it up a day. Hopefully her previous offer will still be on the table. If so, I will know by tomorrow afternoon if I'm pregnant or not!

I also emailed her a very important question regarding intimacy with my husband. Lets just say its been awhile, and dear Kyle is going nuts. No one told us that with all of the IVF treatments, no sex was also part of the deal. There was no way I was doing it after the egg retrieval, I could barely walk. Then once I started feeling better, boom- it was transfer time and we were given another time frame. So now, its been over a week since the embabies went back home and I am scared to death to have sex with my husband. What if it ruins something that is there? Women from my message boards all told me that they had to wait until the beta test, and then if it was positive, wait until they located a heartbeat...which in our case...would be another 2 weeks.

I mean, $12,000 is a lot of money and I think worth the wait if that is what is safe...but I will wait to hear the experts opinion.

Sorry Kyle Boo, it might be the love glove for you for a little while longer (lol you Slumber Party biatches know what I am talking about!)

In other updates, congratulations to my message board buddies, Lisa and Leslie, for getting positive results on their pregnancy tests! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months! And Tkeys, who is within a week of giving birth to her baby boy, good luck!

2 comments:

Me said...

Good luck - the waiting is always so difficult! And thanks for the warm wishes . . . clearly, my pregnancy hormones are out of control, because I'm sitting here bawling. - Tkeys

Our Ivf Journey said...

Shannon,Thanks for the well wishes.I pray everyday for your little bean.It is wonderful thing that theese test keep getting darker.I cant wait for your beta on Friday.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones