I had dinner with my Mom and Dad last night. It was the BEST. I couldn't believe it had almost been a month since I had seen them, that in Shannon world, is eternity!
Understand this.
I lived with my parents until I was 22 years old, we have always had a tight knit relationship and I consider my Mother my best friend. I knew I would one day have to leave the nest, but I didn't know how hard it was actually going to be when I did. Moving 10 minutes down the road into an apartment with Kyle was so bittersweet. Afterall, I was moving in with a new best friend, my future husband...but I was leaving Mom and Dad and it was going to be a huge transitional period for me. A few tears were shed, but ultimately while living in Germantown, I saw my parents fairly often. Living in Frederick has been somewhat different, and hard on me. I love my new house, our neighbors, even the city of Frederick is great- but Frederick doesn't have one thing that I couldn't live without and that is my parents. The best part is, I think they miss me too! (Or really, they miss Cameron but I'll say me because it makes me feel better!)
Moving on, about my little frog weight tracker to the left. Mom asked last night how my weight loss has been going, she said she has been waiting and waiting for that little froggy to move and it hasn't. LOL, I think thats too funny. Truth is, I haven't weighed myself and I probably won't for another month as was suggested to me from the book and also Crystal. In addition, I can't get the damn thing to work, I've played around on the ticker sight and my froggy just won't move at all. Therefore, yes I've probably lost "some" weight and for now, just go by what I tell you and not little lilypad leapfrog over on the left.
This morning I went to go get some cereal from the cafe and the girl that works there says "You are awfully smily today". I said, "You know, I just feel good today!" I don't know why that is, it could be a variety of things...a good dinner with my parents last night, my doctor appointment today with Dr. Levy, or could it possibly be that I am just feeling better and more energized. Wouldn't that be a kick, if exercise and eating healthy has actually put me in a good mood.
I think Kyle just fell over in disbelief.
Anyhoo, today is the big day. I look foward to posting a new and improved protocol tomorrow morning. Wish me luck:)




2 comments:
I am Prayin for ya Girl! I hope Dr Levy tells you nothing but WONDERFUL things for the following months!!
I hope you got great news from your Dr. Can't wait to see you protocol!
Post a Comment