Monday, January 19, 2009

If You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail!

Interesting concept isn't it?

I started (and finished) the book Body For Life over the weekend thanks to my friend Crystal's suggestion. Its a book that thrives on the fact that nutritional eating, 20 minutes of cardio 3x a week, 46 minutes of weight lifting 3x a week (thats 4 hours total people!) will get your body on the road to the best it can be, even as in little time of 12 weeks. Now, I think the whole "12 week" thing is for people that are 20-25 pounds overweight... but still, in 3 months if I stick to this program, I could be on the road to a better life, better health, overall a better way of living.

Its exciting to get motivated for things like this. I went out yesterday and bought a weight bench, some dumbbells and the food for this week that I will be eating. My goal is to plan for one week at a time, meaning trips to the super market every Sunday for new fresh fruit, vegetables and other ingredients for the meals. Not only will I be eating healthier, so will my family. Kyle is all about it because he knows that me having to make Hamburger Helper every night is not going to get me anywhere. This will be especially good for Cameron, because we cater to his eating way too much right now. We need to get him to explore different foods so that he won't be as picky as ahem, someone we all know and love:)

The program book is also accompanied with a Success Journal and Cookbook. Yesterday before going to the grocery store, I sat down and planned 6 days of meals (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, Dinner, snack) and in case you are wondering what happened to the 7th day, well thats my free day. I can eat whatever I want and not have to exercise. This plan is starting to sound good isn't it? I get to eat 6 times a day and then have one day where I rule what goes in my body. Awesome.

So, last night before I went to bed, I measured my body and had Cameron take a picture of my front and rear side. Yes, I had to have Cameron do this because I was too embarrassed to ask Kyle. The pictures just took my breath away and not in a good way at all. It was then that I made a promise to myself to never ever have to see a picture like that again.

I didn't want to turn this blog into a journey about weight loss, thats not why you guys are here. But, just as much as fertility haunts my life, so does being overweight. I promise to get to the good stuff when the time comes.

So getting back to the title, If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail. It was a phrase in the book they used over and over again, but the funny thing was that its not the first time I've heard that. Its interesting to me how that phrase means so much in life..not just about how I am going to plan my food for the week, or planning to get college funds together for Cameron, or life insurance in case something happens to me. That phrase, to me, could easily be the slogan of life in general. Say it out loud, use it for your own life situations. I'd be interested to know what that phrase means to you!

Now, we all know (or we should know for that matter) that my big appt with Dr. Levy is this Thursday. Exciting stuff. Whats more exciting, and well I don't know if exciting is the word, but whats more..you know what the hell, EXCITING is that I haven't started my period yet. Basically, if I were to have started my period already, I would have to wait until February cycle to start the birth control pills and then March for the medicines. Now, I will probably be put on a medication to start my period (4 or 5 days long) then go on BCPS and possibly February start the medications.

Ever since my miscarriage, I haven't been able to maintain a clear face. I think at first it was the hormones of the pregnancy, then the loss of the hormones from the pregnancy, and quite possibly now I am still detoxing from the meds I was on. Either way, I don't think I've gone one day in the past month without a breakout. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting water with lemon juice tonight, Mom always said lemon juice helps the complexion.

It was a white wintery snowland this morning, but the snow has stopped which means I'm not getting out of here anytime soon. Booooo. A few side notes, please keep Mike in your prayers as he is recovering in National Rehab Hospital for the next month or so. Say strong Gotz!!!
Congrats to Erin, Laura, Mike and whatever other poop Steeler fans I have reading this blog on making it to the Super Bowl. I hope Kurt Warner takes a dump on you:)

Until Friday...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Cardinals!!!

The Connelly's said...

Shan -
I am SO proud of you for reading the book and making your weekly plans!!! I PROMISE you that in 12 weeks, you will be looking at a brand new you!!! I look forward to taking this journey together as I started back up Monday too! STAY STRONG AND FOCUSED!!!!
XOXO
Crystal

Kari said...

Good luck Thursday! I hope that you will be starting your next IVF cycle soon. :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones