Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No Giants Super Bowl This Year....Oh Well!

This past Sunday we had Kyle's parents and brother, a few friends and a lot of beer at the house to watch the Giants playoff game vs. the Eagles...the winner moving forward to the NFC Championship game. Being that my husband is a Giants fan, I was rooting for them to win because I knew it would make him happy (and when I say that I was rooting, I really mean that I was sitting there NOT cheering for the other team while fully decked out in Redskins gear). Let me take you back to last summer where Kyle and I had made a bet, I said that there was no way in hell that the Giants were going to win back to back Super Bowls. The stakes were very high and very personal so I in no way will display them on this blog, but lets just say I was sure I was going to win. When the season began, I was nervous and when it was mid way through and the Giants had only lost 1 game, I was terrified. At the end of the season, when the Giants went 1-3 in December, my nerves eased a bit..and when they literally beat the shit out of themselves this past Sunday to lose the game, I had won the bet!!!! Wanna know what is crappy about that, there were no wagers on if Kyle lost, so I don't really win anything, but at least I don't have to do my portion of the bet which is a very good thing, believe me.

So now Kyle sadly can say what I have said time and time again, "Maybe next year!"

(But we are still having a party so be there! I've taken off the day after and I am ready to ParTay!)

We just finished setting the dates and details for Amanda's bridal shower and bachelorette party which I am super excited about. We are staying in the same house as we did last year for Pammy's bach party and it was so awesome. Check it out! http://www.vrbo.com/165767

Mike is back in the hospital with a nasty inflammation of his tailbone. He will be in there for about a month and they are waiting to decide if and when the surgery will be. I can't imagine how that man can stay so positive when he doesn't ever seem to be catching any breaks. Please pray for Mikey ever second you can. The next golf tournament is being held on May 2nd in order to raise funds for the Michael Gotzens Foundation, Inc so please save the date! Details to come...

Side notes: My friend Amy who is pregnant with twins (at 20 weeks) just went to the Dr. yesterday to find out that her cervix lining is very short, so she was sent to the hospital to have a cerclage placed. I am praying for you and the baby girls, Addison and Riley, I hope you all return home safe and those babies stay baking for a lot longer!

Moving on, my appt with Dr. Levy is just a tad bit over a week away. I may not post here until after that appt unless something very important pops up, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Cole said...

Hey Shannon! I finally ditched hotmail and joined Gmail!!! I realized I can comment here now!! I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers next week! I hope that Dr. Levy has nothing but good things for ya! Hope he prescribes you a good "cocktail" of meds and a STRONG dose of morning sickness!!! Can not wait to read the update!!!

Nicole


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones