Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Word "Cow" Has a WHOLE New Meaning!

So, as you all know from my previous posts, I have decided that one thing I really want to do before this next IVF cycle is drop some weight. It doesn't have to be much, I was told that even 10-15 pounds could do wonders and ultimately, my goal is 20 pounds is 2.5 months. (notice the little froggy ticker on the left will be tracking the weight loss)

All week I have been trying to eat more healthy, I have had a Slimfast for breakfast with a cup of fruit, a lean cuisine for lunch with a small soup...and then whatever I can find in my kitchen to make for dinner. Last night was my first night to the gym, I went with my neighbor Laura as a guest (I got a week free trial membership to see how I like it before possibly joining) It was great! I did 40 minutes of cardio on the Elyptical machine which was enough to burn 200 some calories and go 2.8 miles distance. I felt good when I left, and to be honest, its been a really long time since I actually felt good about something that I've done for myself. I liked the feeling, it was good enough to keep me wanting to go back! Today I brought clothes with me so that I can meet Laura right after work and get another good workout in. Laura is a real motivator, and since she lives next door to me, she literally can come knocking on my door until I get dressed and go. I told her last night that she has to be stern with me, that most people get scared of doing that in which I lose motivation and ultimately stop going. She said she could do that, so we will see.

I also set up a calorie counter on an Excel spreadsheet at work, I've been told that writing down every single calorie that goes into your body will keep you on track from overeating. I've also entered a water tracker to make sure I am drinking all my water (helping me keep one of my 09 resolutions!) It is just like weight watchers, where I had very little success, so lets just say I am cautiously optimistic that it will help.

Amanda is also going to be a driving force in this battle, and I'm hoping to do the same for her. I need to lose weight to get pregnant, and she needs to lose weight for her wedding. We work together, so I think we can be great motivators for each other. Mandy I am going to help you be HOTTTT for your wedding day my love:)

This morning I decided that it was finally time to get on the scale, I haven't seen a scale since June at my first Fertility consult. It was scary, but something that I had to see. Afterall, how could I ever track my progress without knowing where my start point was. Anywho, I wasn't surprised by what I saw on the scale, disgusted yes, but not surprised. It was a definite eye opener and I am determined to never see that number again. I have to say, I'm SO pissed at myself for letting it get this way again after all the hard work I did with Jenny Craig to lose the weight before my wedding. It also frusterates me to know that I will always always have to watch every single thing I put in my body, because if I don't , I balloon up faster than Oprah on a chocolate binge. Either way though, I know that eating healthy is the right thing to do, not just for me, but for my family. I'm also hoping that the workout routine and eating healthy will not only help me get pregnant, but help me maintain a healthy pregnancy. If I get myself into the habit now, I know I can do it. I can pretty much do anything I set my mind too, I've always been that way. Unfortunately for me, eating and exercising has just never been anything I've kept on my mind, until now.

Two weeks from today we will go meet with Dr. Levy, I'm so excited to see what the new game plan is. It won't be long now before this journey, part II begins! Stay tuned:)







2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm with ya! I joined Curves a couple of months ago and love it. 30 minutes and the workout is done!
And, I just started this meal plan called Lite N' Easy. They prepare and deliver the food and all I have to do is eat it.

Anonymous said...

Good job Shannon. I am also right there w/ you trying to loose wight so I can ft in my bridesmaid dress... Wish we all lived closer so we could go together.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones