I cannot believe that it is already January 5th, 2009. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun:) As I stated in my last post, 2008 was a very bittersweet year, but 2009 holds so much promise. I hope everyone has made their New Years resolution, and more importantly, that you stick to it. Except you Michelle, I mean not drinking? C'mon. I'm dying to have a wine night soon and you are ruining it!!! Hehe, just kidding. You stay sober girl, I just hope I stay as entertaining to you:)
Speaking of, I continue to have an overwhelming response to my blog which is such a nice compliment. Thank you for everyone who reads and posts comments, its wonderful to know that I have so many people following our journey. I'm surprised you enjoy my writing, I'm sure it can be a bit scattered at times. I wasn't going to continue to blog that much on my "non-IVF" time but if you keep reading, Shanny will keep on blogging. You like that? A little supply and demand action for you on this Monday morning! I'm always eager to keep my people happy:)
So, I guess the only updates I have are minor.
New Years Eve was a freakin blast. We went to WVA and played beer pong until we were blue in the face. I think we seriously played about 12 games, and Jessica and I definitely had the better record so we will reign as champs for now. Sorry Kyle and Chris, maybe next time???
Kyle and I did a lot of remodeling in the house this past weekend. Well, more like Kyle remodeled, I supervised! Hey, I would be more than willing to help, but like Kyle says, if I go hang pictures he is just going to have to come right behind me and do it the right way. So I stuck to cleaning, laundry..the good stuff. I finally got our wedding photos copied and even made some large prints. Kyle hung pictures all over the house this weekend, its sad to say that it has taken 9 months but its finally starting to feel like home. We got a new TV for the living room last week, a 52 inch. Its beautiful, and Kyle finally hooked up the surround sound system that we have had forever. So this weekend, we went out and got a little 22 inch flat screen for the kitchen. Its cute, Kyle mounted it on the wall and we are really happy with it. It even has a DVD player for Cameron:) Next up for the house is painting Cameron's room. He already picked out the color, blue, so I will start that project in the next few weeks.
With that all being said, Kyle and I are planning on hosting a Super Bowl Party this year so mark your calendars for February 1st! I will send out a formal evite soon. (haha so funny that evites are now considered "formal invitations")
Lastly, I have a few New Years resolutions that I would like to share. See, Kyle won't share his New Years resolution with me, I think he is scared of not following through and me hounding him about it. Fair enough, because I most certainly would hound. But I see posting my resolutions as motivation because if there is anything I hate more than failure, its people knowing about my failure.
My first New Years resolution is cleaning. I vow to keep up with the house and laundry better. Its so hard with 2 boys and 2 dogs, I can have the house spick and span on a Saturday and by Wednesday it looks like a tornado went thru. I've even made Cameron go in on this, yes ladies and gentlemen, Cameron now has chores and an allowance. He needs to start helping more around the house..each chore being 25 cents totalling 3 dollars for the week. The only catch, if we have any listening problems, he loses the money he made for the day. Responsibility and discipline all in one, you like that don't you?
My second New Years resolution is to drink more water. I just certainly don't drink enough and its just one step to making my body a little bit healthier. Plus, the nurses always yell at me when they are going to take blood that I am too dehydrated. My goal is to shut them the hell up:)
Thirdly, my last New Years resolution is to kick fertility in the ass. I want medicines, shots and IVF to be a thing of the past and I ultimately want a 2009 baby! (If it happens to fall in early 2010 I will take that too!) I know I have the support of all of you for this, and please note that it is always appreciated.
Side notes: Erin Ahsan and baby Alivia came to the house yesterday, Alivia is just freakin adorable. Her little coos and spit bubbles, man she is a blessing. RIP to Emily's grandfather who passed on 12/23- my heart is with you Em. And Mom, I hope your boss takes care of that piece of crap lady that is driving you to drink...we should only drink because we want to, not because someone is forcing us! lol.
Love you all:) Best wishes for a spectaculor 2009!




No comments:
Post a Comment