Thursday, January 29, 2009

Show Your Face Aunt Flo!

It's hard to believe that I've already started and finished Provera since my last post. I took my last pill on Tuesday night and now I am just eagerly waiting for Aunt Flo to grace me with her presence. Isn't trying to conceive HILARIOUS? I pray to the heavenly lord above three weeks out of a month for Aunt Flo to stay away, then when I know I am not pregnant, I beg for her to come so I can start over again. She must be a confused woman from all of the mixed signals I send her.

So how did everyone do in the winter blast we just had? I did just fine thanks for asking! I took off Tuesday and Wednesday, Momma doesn't play around with ice. My Mom and I were in a terrible car wreck when I was in 7th(??? god was it 7th or 8th???) anyways, we hit black ice and our conversion fan did a few flips and turns, ended up on its side against the median wall on the highway. Mom broke a vertabrea in her spine and I got beat up pretty bad but no broken bones. Needless-to-say we are lucky to be alive, and ever since that accident, I treat ice like I treat a sexually transmitted disease, I STAY AWAY!

WOW, I am impressed with that last metaphor, are you?

This past weekend Kyle, Cam and I went to visit Mike at NRH in DC. He seemed to be doing well, as always he was positive and upbeat. I just read on his blog that he got to get behind the wheel of a van yesterday and get a driving lesson. Just one more step towards his recovery and independence. I think its soooo cool, and I just wish I had a picture of the smile on his face as he was doing it. I bet he was beaming.

After visiting Mike we dropped by my parents house, my Dad had done some improvements to Cameron's go-kart and wanted Cam to try it out...see if he could reach the pedals. I was praying he wouldn't be able to, but sure enough he could. Ugh I am going to need some anxiety pills watching him on that thing!

While we were at my parents, I was complaining to my Mom about cleaning. Its getting ridiculous that every spare moment in my life is spent cleaning, and if I am just laying there not cleaning I feel guilty. It annoys me that I clean our kitchen and living room and within an hour it gets messed up again. I'm frustrated with all of the laundry I have to do , loads and loads and LOADS of laundry all the time. As I am explaining this to my Mom, Cameron was sitting there just listening and said ever so nicely, "Well Mom, that's your job!"

Can you believe that? Typical man response I tell ya.

This past Sunday our neighbors, Uncle John, Aunt Linda, Kyle and myself went to Top Golf USA in VA (TopGolf.com) We had an absolute BLAST! Its a covered driving range, heaters to keep you warm, and waitresses to bring you food and drink. When you first get there, you get a card with your personal information in it. You swipe the card to get your balls, and every ball has a chip in it designating the ball to you. When you hit the ball, there are really large holes in the ground with different colored flags that you try to hit the ball into. Different holes are different points, and you basically play against the other people to see who can get the most points. It's pretty bad ASS if you ask me. I drank a little too much, but other than that it was so worth the drive and I urge anyone and everyone to try it out!!! We are going again next weekend so let me know if you want to tag along. Oh, and Kyle also bought Cameron a set of his own clubs, they are so freakin cute. Watch out America, Cameron is the next Tiger!

On the weight loss front, I actually decided to get on the scale on Tuesday morning and was astonished to see that I had lost 4 pounds in 8 days! I'm very excited, I know that I've also gained muscle weight and I feel better too. I tried again to get the little froggy to move, he is a stubborn ass, sorry.

This weekend I am cleaning the house and going out with some friends on Saturday night. Sunday we are having a Super Bowl party even though everyone is flaking out. It will still be a good time no matter who comes and who doesn't...and I am really looking forward to spending some time with Preggo Cheryl:)

Alright peoples, thats all you get from me today. Have a wonderful Friday, a relaxing weekend and GO CARDINALS!!!!!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones