Friday, February 27, 2009

Guest Blogger

As you may know, I posted a few days back that I had asked someone very special to me to be a guest blogger on my blog. She will, from time to time, jump in here and write whatever she feels like, whether it be her personal IF story up until this point, or what color the sky is.

I have asked my cousin, Leslie, to be my guest blogger. Although she lives in Australia now and we are very far away, I think sharing our stories of IF together has brought us closer together than ever. Please welcome Leslie to my blog.

________________________________
So, when Shannon first asked me to “guest blog” I was a little nervous. What did she want me to write, what did people want to read? Where do I start?

I always find that the hardest part of writing is the beginning. Trying to come up with a catchy opening paragraph that will hook the reader right away. Oh, well. I guess I just start typing and see what comes out.

Our journey with infertility started in January of 2004. I was 27. Matt, my husband, and I had been talking about starting a family soon and decided that I should go off the pill. (How ironic I find it now- all those years and $ spent on birth control pills). We continued to use birth control for the next two months and I found myself a new doctor- a real OB/GYN. April came and no more birth control. Wow, it was scary and exciting at the same time.

Matt and I had planned a trip to San Francisco in May and I thought- How romantic, I will find out I’m pregnant in San Francisco. HA! I even took a pregnancy test with me. Well, sorry Charlie. No luck this month. But, it was just the first month. Surely it would happen soon. Right?
_______________________________

Thank you Leslie for sharing the start of your IF journey with us. Along with everyone else, we look forward to future posts.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones