As you may know, I had my first bloodwork and ultrasound appt yesterday. Since it was Sunday, it was very important to me (although I didn't tell him this) that Kyle went with me. Most of the time I sit in the large waiting room with 3 or 4 women there, always accompanied by their husbands...and it makes me sad that I am alone, even though I know I am far from doing this all by myself, it feels like that sometimes. I wonder, why do these husbands take off to be with their wives for these appointments and I am sitting here by myself? But then again, thats the meds talking...right???
So when we got there yesterday, the waiting room was FULL. I've never seen it so busy in the past 8 months that we have been going there. There had to of been a dozen other couples waiting, which made me feel so much better to have Kyle there. He sat there playing football on the Nintendo DS, but he was there none-the-less.
After about 15 minutes I got called back for bloodwork. It was a nurse that must just work weekends, because I have never seen her before...and well we all know that I have been there enough to know ALL of the regulars. I told her to go for my hand but she insisted to try my arm first. What is it with these nurses thinking they know it all? I mean yes, I'm sure you are a wiz at taking blood, but for me, I didn't know her or her skill set. There are about 10 nurses that I see on a regular basis, only about 3 of which can get blood out of my arm. This girl just thought she knew it all and wouldn't listen to me. She's lucky she didn't get her skinny ass punched. Anyways, moving on...after a few pokes and what not, she finally found the vein- a small vein in which it took about 4 minutes just to fill the vile up a quarter of the way. She said, "Oh well this should be enough for the E2 (estrogen) testing." Then she said, "Oh and thats going to leave a bruise".
So as I sit here typing this blog post, I look down to my arm and I have the most horrendous looking bruise. Its so much worse than it was yesterday, and it hurts!!! If I ever see the girl again, so help me. No no, so help HER.
Luckilly, the ultrasound went smoother. I liked the ultrasound tech a LOT..she was talking the whole time, telling me what she was doing and what she was looking for...as if I didn't already know:) Turns out that I have 13 follicles on my left ovary and 16 on my right. Thats about 5 more than I started off with last go round. She measured the biggest follicles on each side and they measured from 7mm to 9 mm...which isn't too bad, but I don't think its that great either. I was thinking they should be in the 10mm area by now. Oh well, the nurse called and said to stay on the same dosage of medication so they must have not seen a problem as of yet. I go back tomorrow for monitoring, as well as Wed, Thurs, Friday and maybe even Saturday morning.
So, the shots are HURTING! I'm bleeding every single time, and when I rub the area afterwards to get the medicine to sink in, it feels like I am pushing on a huge bruise. I don't understand why they are bothering me so bad this time, but hopefully only a few more days of this.
Side notes: Kyle and I have been watching a lot of movies lately, and recently we watched Still Waiting, My Best Friends Girl and Get Smart...all of them hilarious, all of them worth watching! Congratulations to Kari, my message board friend, for getting a positive blood test back:) Have a happy and healthy 9 months!!! And to my friends on the east coast, stay safe out in this wintery weather that we are having!

Now, a big hearty THANK YOU to Kari and Tkeys for nominating my blog for the blog awards (never even knew they existed!!!!) I've followed Tkeys story since she was about 5 months prego with Micah and she was such an amazing and knowledgable person for me to go to with questions about my IVF, being that she conceived Micah from IVF too. She always eased my nerves and answered my questions. She is even doing the same thing this time, I don't know what I would do without her support. I've also followed Kari's story for quite awhile as well, and as I just posted, she conceived as well from IVF and is looking forward to a wonderful nine months. Although she just started blogging, I enjoy reading her posts every day.
I am truly very happy to be blogging, it was honestly not something I ever thought I would do, I just never saw the point, until I faced something that I had to document. I will always be able to look back on these many posts and remember what we went through, I guess its an online diary, but with no lock and key, because I share it with all of you everyday. So without further ado....
Here are the rules:
Put the logo on your blog or post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude and/or gratitude.Be sure to link to your nominees in your post
Let your nominees know they have received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog
And be sure to link this post to the person who nominated you for the award.
So, here are my awardees: ( I only have 9...I know I should have 10 but thats basically like awarding everyone that I follow...which makes these nominees kind of pointless)




1 comment:
I'm so sorry you went through that. I really feel your pain. I hope that it gets easier. Where are you doing your shots? I always did mine in my belly. I found some spots bled more than others - I found a strip around 1 in - 1 1/2 ins below my belly button and to the left or right that didn't bleed. Positioning is everything! Also, when you finish the injection, hold it in there for about 4 seconds THEN pull the needle out. Are you taking baby aspirin? That could have something to do with it. Hang in there!
Post a Comment