Lets start off the conversation today with a few high (and low) points regarding NFL Free Agency, beginning with the low.
1). The Redskins once again go big spendin and somehow manage to pay 180 MILLION dollars for three players in free agency. Jesus Dan, share the wealth. This struggling economy is no match for your pockets, huh?
2). We will no longer be able to look at sexy yum yum lickable Jason Taylor in a burgandy and gold jersey. Oh well, I guess I will just have to rely on my photographic memory to stay warm at night!
Now for the high, and there is only one really:
1). TJ WhosUrMama did not go to the Giants. Sorry Kyle and Hallelujah to the Redskins Defense!
Moving On....
This morning was monitoring appt #2 and I was very excited because Dr. Levy was the RE today. When he walked into the room he said that he had seen that I had a vigorous response so far this cycle. Vigorous- such a big word Doctor! Anywho, he also for some reason performed the ultrasound, my tech was no where to be found. He started at my right ovary, which coincidentally has been cramping for the past few days, and started saying "WHOA WHOA WHOA". He was astonished at how many follicles I had, counting 15 that were growing nicely. He went to my left and saw 8 growing and told me he was relieved to only see 8 on that side. Why? No idea, but I like relieving the Dr.
So, I've got a total of 23 follicles. Dr. Levy said that he would most likely be lowering my dosages starting tonight, but I just got a call from Nurse Mary saying that we are staying on the same dosages and to return on Thursday. I'm not even beginning the ganirelix yet. I wish I understood the reasoning for it all, but I have learned to live with the fact that I never will understand. Anyway, I will go back on Thursday morning for another monitoring, but I definitely felt good about todays appt. I could even see the follicles on the screen whereas Sunday I couldn't really see anything. Dr. Levy said he was very happy with where we were at right now, so that made me happy to hear. I'm really hoping that this keeps us on track for a Monday egg retrieval...that right there would make this cycle better than the last, for things to be on time and on track. Crossing my fingers and praying constantly.
I have another acupuncture appt tonight as well. I have to admit, when we didn't have that good of a showing on Sunday's appt I thought to myself, this acupuncture isn't doing anything and I almost cancelled my appts! I'm glad I didn't though. I'm not saying its the reason for everything going so well, but at the same time, how do I know it isn't the reason? I enjoy it thoroughly and appreciate the 40 minutes of ME time, so I'm going to continue going. I have an appointment on Thursday as well.
I'm getting really excited for all the good things coming up, baby and bridal showers, bachelorette parties and weddings... I'm especially ready for the warm weather!!! My body is here in cold MD but my mind is on the boat in the Potomac soaking up the rays:) In my opinion, summer can't come soon enough!
Hope everyone is staying warm, comfy and cozy. See you on Thursday!




No comments:
Post a Comment