Friday, March 6, 2009

Journey Part II: The End is Near

Hello my lovely readers, hope everyone is having a fantabulous Friday. The weather in good ole MD is beautiful and I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time outdoors catching some fresh air this weekend:)

So I have some updates to make from yesterday and today's appointments. We will start with yesterday. GOSHHHHH 270 Southbound is still a bitch. It took me over an hour to get to my appointment which in turn made me late. I hate being late. And because I was late, I got pushed to the back of the line at the center. I saw an RE that I had never met before, he made a few comments about how nice things looked, and then a dirty little comment about my left ovary being in a bad position. Keep your opinions to yourself Doc! lol. I got a call from the nurse yesterday afternoon, telling me to start Ganirelix and increase my Luveris to 150. I asked her how things looked and she said they looked great, she said I even made a bigger jump than they were expecting which is why they were adding the Ganirelix...to slow things down a bit. Now, you know how I feel about Nurse Mary- she can be a Debbie Downer sometimes which I understand, she doesn't want to get peoples hopes up, but man...she certainly doesn't care about keeping hopes down thats for sure. So with her being so positive with me, I was very excited. Maybe this WAS going great.

This mornings appt went much better than yesterdays because for the 2nd time in a week I saw Dr. Levy! He once again praised how wonderful this cycle was going, how happy he was with the response to the medications. Even the ultrasound tech said that it was just an amazing looking cycle. I made a comment about my left ovary, she said it was fine and not to worry about it....so I will take her word for it. I am still awaiting Nurse Mary's call to see what dosages I should be doing tonight, but Dr. Levy said he expects trigger to be either tomorrow or Sunday.

I'm hoping for tomorrow, I'm realistic that it will be Sunday. My belly is bruised all over, and its getting harder and harder to find a place to insert the needle, I'm always bleeding. Last night I put the needle in and it hurt so bad that I started crying, Kyle had to come and push the medicine in because I just froze in pain. I don't remember it being this bad last time...

I know I am not the only one hoping that trigger is tomorrow. Kyle hasn't drank a beer or touched more than 2 cigarettes in the past two weeks... he is really trying hard to do the right thing, but I know that he is ready to do his part, give the speciman, and probably run to the nearest beer store for a 6 pack!

Actually, speaking of alcohol, I was reading another ladies blog about IVF and she said her RE actually recommended going home and having a glass of wine after the transfer and every night until pregnancy confirmation, just unwind and relax. I'm thinking, why isn't my RE so cool?

My acupuncture is going well, today I went during my lunch hour- it was perfect timing. Got some news that our mortgage went up $200 a month (I know, somethings not right, right?) and between that, baby and bridal showers and the golf tournament that I am helping to plan, my brain was about to explode. Today was by far the best session I have had, I actually fell asleep which never happens. She even did this treatment on my belly with warm needles which was kind of cool. OH and, a specialty acupuncture business that coincides with Shady Grove does pre and post transfer acupuncture for $200.00 total, I think I am going to have this done. Its more pricy than I would like, but the conveinence of them coming into the transfer room before and after is really the experience I was looking for. I was worried about it because the place I am currently going to is closed next Saturday, Sunday AND Monday. I would have hated for transfer to be Saturday and not have a session until Tuesday. So all good news there, YAY for me.

Sides notes: My friend Amy who is PG with twin girls (Addison and Riley) had to go into L&D for contractions and fluid leakage. Luckilly they were able to subside the contractions, but she is going to be at the hospital for the remainder of her pregnancy, most likely. She is due in June. Please pray for her and her little family. Also, my friend Emily lost her Grandma last week, please keep her in your thoughts during this difficult time.
Happier Side Notes: My friend Keilly had her baby boy, Kaiden, earlier this week. Congrats!!!

Lastly, please everyone, kneel down at your bedside, pray and pray hard, cross your fingers and anything else possibly worth crossing cause this is a big one....

PRAY that Daniel Snyder does not bring T.O to the Redskins. He is a virus. In fact, he can stay away from the NFC East all together.

Amen.

1 comment:

Me said...

Shannon - LOL . . . a true, die-hard Skins fan!! I'm so excited for you this cy . . . hang on to the ride a little while longer. - Tkeys


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones