Monday, April 20, 2009

Holy 8 Weeks!

Well, I must say, 8 weeks came up much sooner than I anticipated. Maybe this pregnancy won't be as drawn out as I thought...after all, we are almost in May!!!

Your baby growing lesson for the day, the baby is now the size of a raspberry and putting on about a millimeter a day. Its moving the little arms, legs and now slightly webbed fingers and toes like crazy (although I obviously can't feel anything!) According to my weekly Bump.com newsletter, I'm told that heavy fatigue may be setting in (UM DUH!!!) Man I could sleep just about anywhere at anytime these days. Thankfully Kyle is so supportive and understanding that I'm so exhausted and really helping out with things, I'm so gracious for that.

This past weekend Kyle and I made the trip to VA for some much needed chill time at the river house. Kyle fished with my Dad on Saturday, they didn't catch squat, and I went golfing with my Mom and Becky. I got WAY too much sun and now look like a dumbass with a horrible farmers tan. Being prego keeps me from going to the tanning bed to even it out, so I'm looking lovely let me tell you. We went out the next day for round 2 of 18 holes- as if my body wasn't already in enough pain, Kyle joined us this time and let my Dad and Chip fish by themselves. I tried to even out the tan lines but it only seems to have made the already burnt skin more burnt and the whiteness more white. I couldn't play all 18 on Sunday, I got queasy around hole 13 and sat out the rest. I did have my first ever Par on a Par 4 hole which was super exciting. Kyle played well too, I think having 3 pars for the day and a few missed birdie opportunities. Masters, here we come:)

This week is a busy one at work, my department is moving buildings on Friday and I was nominated move coordinator, lucky freakin me. Other than that, I don't really have anything pressing going on. OMG, forgot to tell you, I took my last shot of progeterone in oil last night WHOOP WHOOP! Gosh that was an exciting moment. I had to take a total of 26 of those suckers right in the back muscle, went by pretty quick but I am so pleased to be done with them. I also no longer take baby aspirin, and I cut back my estrace pill (estrogen) to one a day. I have to take prometrium (progesterone suppositories) 2 days a day for the next two weeks, but on May 3rd I will be done with ALL medicines except for Prenatal vitamins...then on May 5th we will be saying hello to Baby Boo at our 10 week appointment:)

Speaking of Baby Boo, which is what this whole blog is for, I never posted a pic of our 7 week ultrasound so here s/he is getting SO big.

Photobucket

Kyle and I decided on a girls name, but aren't disclosing it to everyone just yet. We have a front runner for a boys name as well, I just cannot wait to find out what we are having!!!!!! Come on June:)

Other than that, just trucking along, working, paying bills, loving family and missing Grandma. Thank you for everyone's overwhelming support through everything, you really helped keep my afloat these past two weeks. You are irreplaceable friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how they put little messages at the bottom. So happy for you both still!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones