Two Sundays ago I went to my parents house and hung out while Kyle went golfing with my Mom. While I was there, there was a robin on the back deck that kept flying into the window. I'd scare it away, and it would come right back, flying up and down the window trying to get into the house.
The very next day, my Grandmother went into the hospital with some breathing problems, but she seemed to be doing okay once she was in there. Unfortunately, two days later, she decided to leave us and go to heaven, where she has been waiting to go to for so so long. The thought of not being able to see her again hurts so bad, I literally feel my heart breaking. We will miss her, she was such a great Mother, Grandmother and friend... but we are all able to go to sleep at night knowing that she is at peace now, and looking over us every second.
When I heard the news, I of course left work to go be with my family. We went to my Aunts house to love, hug and console one another. It was a hard day, filled with tears and empty hearts. Later that evening, we went back to my parents house. When we got out of the car, there was that same Robin, standing by the front door of the house. We really didn't think anything of it until my Dad mentioned an omen about Robins.
When we googled "Robins trying to get into a house" we were shocked to read that it usually signifies that there will be a death in the family or someone close to you. I never have believed in the super natural until now, knowing that the little bird who at the time, I wanted to hit with a rock for pestering me, was only trying to give us a warning....a sign of what was about to come.
I've always heard that God works in mysterious ways, but its no mystery as to why he took Grandma away from us. He wanted her all to himself because he knew how special and wonderful she is. I'm jealous of him for having her all to himself now, but I will remain thankful for the 25 blessed years I got to have with her.
RIP Grandma, I love you.




1 comment:
What a beautiful way to remember your grandma. I'm so sorry for your loss. May her memory be for a blessing. - Tkeys
Post a Comment