Monday, April 6, 2009

Introducing Baby Boo!

We had our first ultrasound this morning and it was so amazing. Dr. Levy came in and told us that it was still pretty early so not to be disappointed if we didn't see a heartbeat just yet, but that he was looking for the sac and yolk. Then within seconds the ultrasound tech said "We have a heartbeat!" Those were the best words I have ever heard come out of someone's mouth. Dr. Levy said that everything looked well and that we were right where he wanted us to be. The heartbeat was 108.55 beats per minute. Dr Levy said to schedule another U/S for next week so we are going back next Monday at 10:30:) I just can't wait to see the little baby again!!!!!

So here she/he is:

Photobucket

It was so cute, the ultrasound tech even wrote us a little note from Baby Boo at the bottom. Everyone was so excited at the center for us, the tech who was at every single appt of mine since I did IUI's last June, my nurse was even there. It was a great moment for Kyle and I.

After we left the center and I was driving to work, I got a text from Kyle that said "We are having a baby" I chuckled, because it made it ten times more real for myself as well. To think after all we have gone through, that we will be having a baby together is something that is beyond words.

So now we count down the days until our next ultrasound- another long week ahead of us! I just got an email from my Mom that my Grandma is in the hospital because she wasn't breathing- so as happy as I am, my heart is full of sadness right now. She said she will keep me posted, so please keep my Grandma in your prayers.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

nice picture, and sooo happy you got to hear the hearbeat!!! i will keep you and ALL your family in my toughts and prayers!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and klye and your little bean :)! Your grandma is in my prayers also. love ya

Naomi said...

Ah look at that beautiful uterus! Haha

Lookin good,Shan!

Kari said...

Congrats Shannon! I am so happy you were able to finally see your little one. I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Sarah said...

Aww - congratulations on your bean and seeing the heartbeat, that's fabulous news.

Your Grandma is in my thoughts and prayers.

Donna and Thorne said...

Congratulations on seeing that lil ones heartbeat! I know you and Kyle must have been in tears! Nice picture too of baby boo....
Praying for your grandma. Keeping you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers!

Me said...

What wonderful news, and such a beautiful little bean! I'm so sorry about your Grandma - I hope she is doing better soon. - Tess

Our Ivf Journey said...

Shannon,I am so happy for you!!!!Great u/s picture little bean is so cute!!!!Yay for a h/b!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones