Thursday, April 2, 2009

Countdown Blog

There are SO many things that I am looking forward to in this upcoming year, so I thought I would take the time to document all of the upcoming events that I just canNOT wait for. I keep thinking that November is forever away, but after thinking about everything that we have going on, it will be here before we know it. Today I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant. The baby is 4-6mm and its vocal chords are forming, the tiny heart is beating and circulating blood!!!!

So, starting with the dates furthest away and working myself up to the present, here we go:

December~ Well, this is easy, of course I always look forward to Christmas time! I love everything about Christmas. Watching Cam open his presents, going to Aunt Lindas for traditional breakfast, watching A Christmas Story over and over and over again, family time. What is not to love? I also enjoy NYE although I think this year we will probably be staying in because.....

November: The baby is due! Of course, its also my Cam Mans 7th (holy crap did I say 7?) birthday. I cannot believe he will be 7 years old this year! He is looking forward to a bowling party so he says, and I'm thinking since I will be a bit busy at the end of the month, I will make this happen towards the beginning to ensure he is taken care of and made to feel special. I also enjoy Thanksgiving, its my favorite holiday. I usually say its because of football, food and BEER but not this year I guess. When I was prego with Cameron around Turkey day I was so miserable, I hardly ate anything and went into labor the very next day. When I finally got out of the hospital I had broccoli casserole, my ultimate fav, that my Mom kept as a leftover- it gave Cam horrible gas because I was breastfeeding, and apparently babies don't enjoy broccoli. I was crushed, but I know better for this time.

October: My bestest buddy in the whole world, Jessica, is getting married. I am just too excited for this. Cam, Kyle and myself are all in the wedding and its going to be an amazing day. I can't wait to see her get married and begin the life that she has always dreamt of, she deserves it.

September: My birthday month!!!! There is no better month then September (although a few years from now I will probably dread the month as it means I am just getting older and older) but it is also the start of the NFL season which is GREAT! I love the fall weather and I am assuming after being prego in the hot summer days, I'm really going to look forward to it getting cool. I also think this September will be my baby shower, so exciting!

August: Kyle and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary this August. Its unbelievable to me that its already been 2 years although Kyle will tell you it feels like its been 50, nice huh? We also get to go to our friends Ashley and Mikes wedding on the Chesapeake Bay which I am sure we will enjoy.

July: To be honest, besides July 4th and possibly a concert for Jessica's bach party, I'm not sure that there is anything exciting going on in July. We will most certainly be making our way down to the river house and enjoying the boating and sun bathing, but other than that- unless I am missing something which I apologize for, July is our "down" month. LOL JUST KIDDING KYLE! July we will be celebrating Kyle's 29th birthday. Whoa, right?

June: OH JUNE! In June Kyle and I will be honored to be in Amanda and Jay's wedding which we cannot wait for (Kyle is even growing a sporting mullet as a present to Jay) Also, in June, we will be welcoming Mr. Dani Dunn Jr as Cheryl will be giving birth. I can't wait to hold and squeeze the little guy, he is going to be so adorable and so lucky to have Cheryl and Dani as parents! Last but not least, we will most likely be finding out the gender of our little guy/gal in June which is just super exciting and something we cannot wait for!

May: May is a busy busy busy month. We have the 2nd Annual GOTZ Strength Golf Tournament on May 2nd (SIGN UP PLEASE!) and its all to benefit our dear friend Mike in his recovery of a spinal injury. WE LOVE YOU MIKEY! The following weekend is Amanda's bach party in OC- watch out- the freaks come out at night!!!! Following that, Kyle will be away for Jay's bach party where THE FREAKS BETTER STAY INSIDE! During that weekend I will be enjoying Cheryl's baby shower yay:) Memorial Day weekend follows that and its river house all the way! We will be celebrating Jay and Chris' birthday, Jay turns 30 (and I thought Kyle turning 29 was bad!) Somewhere in between all of this madness, Angie and Jason will be welcoming baby Cole into the world (my bet is May 15th) and I will be making the time to ship out to Salisbury to see them. And lastly, although it really has nothing to do with us, the following weekend will be Pam and Matts 1st anniversary, congrats guys!

And here we are in April, already- geesh: This weekend is Amandas bridal shower, themed as "Something Blue" and I know it will be a success. All of the bridesmaids have worked super hard to make this a day Amanda will never forget. We also have Easter this month, which I enjoy because Cameron is so cute looking for those eggs. A few years back we let Uncle John hide some of his eggs, he ended up putting it in a pile of fireplace ashes in the backyard- Uncle John will not be allowed to hide eggs this year! And super exciting, as everyone knows, our first ultrasound is this month, Monday to be exact. I imagine we will have have ultrasound #2 in April as well. We are so excited to see ONE heartbeat on Monday!

Well, thats it folks, a nice little rundown of my year. I'm glad I did this, because when I look back I will be able to see all of the special moments that took place this year.

I'm really feeling fine in 2009:)

1 comment:

Me said...

sounds like a wonderful year ahead! - Tkeys


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones