LOL, in all seriousness....well actually, that was serious:( I never wanted to complain about being pregnant, afterall, we had gone thru SO much to get here and I would kick my own ass if I sounded ungrateful... but damn Baby Boo- ease up a little. I've tried almost everything to get rid of the morning sickness and constant "car sick" feeling I have 24/7 and nothing is helping. I started B6 which helped for about 4 days and then BAM, back to sick. I've tried eating small meals, but I never want to eat. I even tried sucking a lemon (don't ask) so now I am on Seabands. It was recommended to me by Tkeys so I had to go out and get some. They are bands used for sea sickness but can also work for morning sickness. I have a wrist band on both wrists, each have a little ball on the inside of the band that I strategically placed which is supposed to apply pressure to a certain area, which in turn is supposed to ease the sickness. Kind of like acupuncture, this is acupressure. Now for the verdict, I do feel better today than I did yesterday at this point, but not 100%. I'd said about 60% better which at this point, I'll take.
I picked up "What to Expect When Expecting" which is a book that I also read when PG with Cam. It kind of went over why I am so dang tired as well, and it eased my mind to know that I am increasingly tired right now because my body is on overtime creating the placenta, but at the end of this next month, that project will be complete and I should be getting some energy back. I'm already a tired person to begin with, I love sleep. I mean I really love sleep. So, added tiredness is really draining, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its a small light, just a little beam, but its there- and I'm heading towards it. 3 more weeks and I hit second trimester, can I get a woo-frickin-hoo?
So lets see, updates updates. Well, I got a new phone! My old phone broke (not my fault for once) and Kyle took it to the Verizon store to be fixed. They said they did not have my old phone in store or in warehouse to replace, but since I had a dataplan, I could choose from all of these really nice, more expensive phones. Whats the catch right? NO catch. I got a Blackberry Curve for free- now I never have to go anywhere without email, remind me what we did before cell phones?
Next, Kyle and I are looking for a new vehicle....I HATE the fact of having a car payment, and I know all of you out there are like, gimme a god damn break, but seriously- I've been uber blessed to never have one and I'm not quite ready to start in this trend we call "spending too much money a month." Its time though, the ole Price is Right car is praying for retirement (for those who don't know, Kyle drives my Gma's old car that she won on the Price is Right back in the day..totally badass if you ask me) and we have seriously been contemplating...ugh can I say it? A minivan. I just don't know about this people, and no offense to those who own one, but a minivan? Really? Me? I guess for now we will leave this as a to be determined.... maybe search a few automalls in the upcoming weeks and see what is out there. Hopefully something OTHER than a minivan pops out at us for a good price, but realistically, at the end of this year I will have a husband, 2 kids and 2 dogs, a minivan is so in our future.
Our first OB appt is a week from today which is very exciting, can't wait to see how big the baby is (my book says s/he is the size of a green olive right now) and finally HEAR the heartbeat!
Lastly, for now, the 2nd Annual Gotz Strength Golf Tourney is this weekend, super excited for another great day of golf, people and moola for Mike!
Other updates that do not reflect me whatsoever- My friend Amy on the message board had her twins, Addison and Riley, this past week. A little earlier than expected, but I know Amy is super happy to be a Mommy, congrats! My bestest buddy Angie is a little less than 1cm which means Cole is on his way very soon! Cheryl is so beautiful and prego, I can't wait for her shower in a few weeks!
I'll end this post with a picture of my adorable little boy, Cameron, who is just getting SO big and SO handsome. This is his Spring photo (aka another way for the school to make money per Kyle) but I was so happy with the results. Have a great week!




2 comments:
Thanks for the update and Cam is so cute
Sorry you aren't feeling well, but glad the seabands help a bit. I would say they made me feel about 60%, too, and they kept me from throwing up in the car. Hang in there - they say m/s is supposed to peak from weeks 8-10, so if you are lucky, it will start to get better in another week or so. I pretty much drank cranberry juice, ate cheez-its, used seabands, and sucked on preggie pop drops the first few months. - Tkeys
Post a Comment