Tuesday, June 2, 2009

14 Week Appt

I am glad to report that today's appt was pretty uneventful, unlike the last time I visited and got rushed in for a surprise sonogram and scared half to death. Today it was just pee in a cup, check my weight (zero weight gain so far, contributed to my lovely morning sickness) and we heard the heartbeat. I was also sent downstairs to LapCorp for some bloodwork, always a highlight of my day.

I will go back in 2 weeks (planning on going in right after my specialty Dr. appt on the 15th) for more bloodwork called AFP. It checks for such neural tube defects like spina bifida.

I told Kyle today that it might not just be, and maybe a lot of women just keep mum when they have to do so many tests, but I feel like a test dummy right now. Test here, test there. Jesus. I mean, I guess its good in some ways...but annoying in others.

Moving on, I wanted today's experience to go so well to keep me from changing Doctors, but unfortunately it just wasn't the case. It was almost an hour after my appt time that I finally got seen. I tell Kyle that it is very possible that if we switch, it would be the same thing, but he doesn't seem to care. He also said, I don't want to hear my boy, I want to see him. LOL, he thought that it was just this practice that doesn't do sonograms every single time, I had to explain that most appts are just like the one I had today. I think we have become so accustomed to seeing the baby at every appt, he was a bit disappointed not to see him today. That being said, I have had an overwhelming amount of people recommend a OB just a few miles from my work and I think we will be having our papers transferred there. I will be making the call today.

So, I guess thats it. I pretty much posted all other updates in the post from yesterday. Have a great day:)

1 comment:

Me said...

Glad it was a good, uneventful appointment. I switched OBs because I was unhappy with all the waiting, too. I had the bloodwork done with the NT scan, and I did the AFP at 16/17 weeks. They draw blood to check to make sure you are not anemic. I had more bloodwork drawn with the gestational diabetes testing, too. I think they usually check for anemia one other time. It is normal, but it sucks!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones