I wasn't expecting to post today since our 14 week OB appt is tomorrow and I will be updating again, but what the hell.
So when I last updated everyone, I had just heard back from the specialty Dr. that the preliminary tests for chromosomal abnormalites came back normal and we all breathed a sigh of relief:) Well, last Wednesday the Nurse called again and said the full tests also came back normal. YAY.
Now, this is no way means we are out of the woods, now we move on to having the heart looked at by an Eco-blahblahblah Dr at around 16-17 weeks. Hopefully all of those results will come back fine and then we can all sleep a little better at night!
Moving along, how was everyone's Memorial Day weekend? I know, kind of late to ask, but I hope it was relaxing and fun. Mine kind of sucked and except for a fun boat ride on Saturday afternoon, it was less than enjoyable. I couldn't sleep, but that could be because of all the drunkards hanging outside around the campfire. I got a horrendous sunburn which I can only describe as the most painful sunburn ever. I was out on the boat for 45 minutes, half the time the sun was behind clouds and it was actually COLD, but I came back as a lobster. I couldn't believe it, the hormones of this pregnancy are seriously messing with my body. I was as red as red could be, my legs were so burnt that when I stood up, I could literally feel the blood rushing to my feet and it felt like 1000 needles poking at me. Its been over a week and I'm still not back to normal, in fact, my legs are filled with little blisters all over. Moral of story, wear sunblock you dumbass! So with that being said, I pretty much stayed in bed the remainder of the weekend pouring aloe vera all over my body every 5 minutes. Yeah, I could have done without Memorial Day weekend.
This past weekend was a bit more enjoyable. We took Cameron to see Night at the Museum 2 on Friday night, he passed out about half way thru (typical for a Friday night) but Kyle and I enjoyed the movie thoroughly. Saturday morning Cameron and I went to IHOP while Kyle went to his co-ed football game. It was the best breakfast ever, if you haven't tried out IHOP's strawberry fest, what are you waiting for? Cameron was a delight too, it was a great morning. I dropped him off at Nelsons afterwards and got to hold baby Emma for awhile. She is just so adorable and was so well behaved for me. Nelson said she was just pretending for me and that she is a really hard baby, but I couldn't see any signs of this. She was perfect and smelt so baby fresh..and I can't get over how much she looks like Cameron when he was a baby- ohhh I just can't wait until November to hold my own:) After I got home Kyle met me there and asked me to go golfing with him. Truth be told, I really haven't been up for golf since I got PG, but I knew he wanted to go and so we went. It was a great day, just me and Hubby out on the course together, we had great conversation and it couldn't have been more of a perfect day. Afterwards we went to dinner and then went home to bed.
Sunday morning Kyle woke up and cut the grass in the backyard. Is anyone else's grass growing like freaks of nature? Goodness. Anywho, afterwards we headed to West VA for another round of golf at a beautiful course. Kyle and I had actually looked at a few houses in the neighborhood when we were first looking to buy. The course was amazing, but challenging and I sucked big donkey balls in my game. It was the worst I've played in I don't know how long. It was okay though, another day out with Kyle was the most important part. The houses on this course were enough to make you feel really bad about yourself, gosh they were just unbelievable. I wanted to buy every single one of them, Kyle just keeps saying "one day baby, one day." After golf we stopped by Kyle's old buddy's house in Harpers Ferry because we haven't seen their brand new baby girl, Cassidy. This baby was something I have never seen before. First, she was gorgeous, looked just like Daddy but had the chubbiest little cheeks. Ugh, I fell in love right away. But what was amazing was that I was there for 2.5 hours and she didn't make one peep, not one fuss or one cry. In fact, I was just holding her on the couch and she passed out. You know that doesn't happen!!!! Babies don't just pass out without a bottle, or being rocked. I couldn't believe my eyes- she was just precious!
Well, so I guess the last update will be about my latest rental for the baby boo. Because my morning sickness is almost non-existent (knock on wood) and its also a bit too early to feel any movements, I rented a Fetal heart rate doppler for my reassurance that everything is okay. Kyle rolled his eyes about it as I am sure most of you just have, but I don't care. This way, at any time, I can just hear the heartbeat and check the rate to know that everything is okay with this little boy. As I said, Kyle had rolled his eyes, but let me tell you that he was the first to get it out of the package, set it up and tell me to lie down on the couch! He was excited, even if he doesn't admit it. Cam was also there to hear the heartbeat, although not as interested as we were I don't think. hehe. Its cool though, and I'm very happy with the rental.
Naming Update: yeah, we still don't have one. I'm in love with the name Landon, but I also like the names Tanner, Braydon and a few others. Kyle has shot all of them down and come to the table with names such as Jagger, Remi, Rocky and William Robert (yes thats right, a Billy Bob) In conclusion, we are just as far away from a boy's name as we were months ago. We have, however, agreed on a few like Cohen, Colton (love it although I just think its too much like Angie's new baby, Cole) and Caine (but someone reminded me that this was the name of a biblical murderer so that threw me off as well)
In general, Names SUCK.
Alright, I'll be back tomorrow with updates from the OB. Much love to you.




3 comments:
Looking forward to reading how your appointment goes!
I think you should go with Colton
I'm glad to hear it has all been good news so far! Sorry the names suck - we didn't decide on a name until after my water broke! Good luck with your appointment. - Tkeys
Post a Comment