Thursday, June 11, 2009

Anyone's Worst Nightmare: Acid Reflux

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it hurts!!!!

Now, I've always had acid reflux, I've been on prescribed meds for it since I was 18, but before that I would down bottles of Maylox. I literally remember being 11 years old with heartburn and my Dad just saying here, handing me a bottle of Maylox and I chugged like it was a beer given to me in 100 degree heat!

It hadn't bothered me for most of the pregnancy so far, so I thought- wow maybe its one of those things that you have before you are pregnant, but goes away while you are pregnant. God, do I like to try and fool myself or what!?! Its slowly but surely coming and all I can take is Tums, which don't work for shit with me. Grrrrr, my esophagus is on fire:(

Well, thats my complaint of the week. I mean I am sure you are thinking, thats it? Just one complaint? And the answer is NO, that is not it. I could fill this blog up for hours with things that are bothering me right now but I choose not to do that- afterall Debbie Downers suck.

So whats new? Hmmmm, Amanda and Jays wedding is next weekend HOLY COW! Its unbelievable to me how time flew and their wedding is here. Why is it that I feel like their wedding came up so quick yet I still feel like this pregnancy is going SO SLOW? Damn it Shannon, I said NO MORE COMPLAINTS!

Quick story, the other day a woman was asking me how I was feeling. I told her that I was better, feeling rather good, finally eating and getting SOME energy back. I also told her that as much as I want this baby, I really just want the pregnancy to be over. She told me that her Dr told her that the first baby is SO exciting because its new, but the second one you just feel like an incubator. Now, I don't agree with that one bit. This is still exciting for me, and I feel so blessed to be pregnant- I'm just ready for the finished product to be here is all...so please don't take my wanting to see our son's face as being ungrateful for being pregnant, its not that at all!

Moving on, I have my next appointment on Monday morning, this is a follow up to the NT scan last month where they basically scared me into thinking something was wrong with the baby- so you can imagine how excited I am for this appointment. I hope its goes smoother, I can't take another possible problem. All of these "possibles" are stressing me the heck out. But anyways, expect my next post to be Monday afternoon, hopefully with ALL good news!

Cheryl and Dani's baby still isn't here, but I think he will come tomorrow because that is the date I picked in the baby pool. Actually, sorry to tell you Cheryl but I never win at anything so you are probably looking at a few more days, sorry dude:(

Naming front- still nothing...but getting closer. I pushed for Nathan, because I love that name, but Kyle isn't really going for it. What gives? Actually, what else is new? He doesn't go for anything as we all know. His top choice is still Colton, which is growing on me. I talked to Angie today and she said she not only loves the name, but would have no issue with us naming the baby that, even though it is so close to Cole. That makes me feel better, but still hasn't really changed my mind about the whole thing- we will see. I honestly think we will put some names in a hat and pull something out- (conversation 10 years down the road) hey baby boy, your name was chosen for you out of a hat? How do you like that? lol. Those names will most likely be:

Colton
Logan
Coen (yes, without an H- deal with it!)
Nathan

and maybe 2 others...if we can come up with 2 others that we like enough to put in that magical hat.

Funny convo between me and my gal Naomi:

Naomi: I still think Ace is the winner!:)
Shannon: LOL oh you like that do you? God I just sit there in utter amazement at some of the things he comes up with!
Naomi: I just read the other choices he has come up with. I'm very curious if he remembers to incorporate the last name into all these selections...Memphis Boorstein???
Shannon: Um what last name would you say goes well with a name like Memphis, just curious??

Lastly, I hope my In-Laws have a fab anniversary this weekend. My Mother-in-law told me yesterday that they have booked their trip to Disney and got Cameron an airline ticket, so he will be going the first week in August, without me:( I cried a little, I'm very sad to miss all of his smiles and laughs during what I am sure will be an amazing week...but its not about me, its about him and he is just so excited.

Til next week, Holla.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Shannon.. I just love to read your blogs they always make me smile and laugh

Me said...

I LIVED on Zantac (with a Tums chaser) during my pregnancy. I NEVER had a single day of reflux/heartburn before getting pregnant (or since) but I was in miserable pain during the pregnancy. It was my first sign of pregnancy, actually. Everyone who sees Micah's hair always asks if I had heartburn, so perhaps it is a sign that your little guy has a full head of hair! - Tkeys

Naomi said...

Aw yea...a shout out!

Can't wait to read about the update tomorrow!

Cheryl said...

i havent been on here in a while... just catching up. and by the way you you were the closest guess in guessing DJs birthday!!! so i got to get you your prize!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones