Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Boys, Boys, BOYS!!!!!

This post is all about boys!!! I am surrounded by them and couldn't be happier:)

Lets start with the newest boy that just entered the world, Dani Dunn Jr. (DJ) Cheryl had her baby boy this past Friday and we are just so excited for her. She said that he has very light hair and almond shaped eyes, I can just imagine how adorable he is. Dani Sr. calls DJ "Da Bomb" and loves being a Daddy while Cheryl just keeps calling it all very surreal. I am so happy for the new parents and of course Grandma Betty who is just going to spoil that little monster to death. I was supposed to go see her yesterday, but I had to leave work early because of....

MY little BOY, Cameron. He hasn't been feeling well lately, and on Friday he was picked up early from school as well for a fever and vomitting. He was better on the weekend, but yesterday got sick again at school and he is suffering from pretty severe constipation. So yesterday I got called around Noon to come pick him up, he took a nap when we got home and just laid around. He seemed to be feeling better but woke up again last night sick and this morning just in pain- Kyle stayed home with him today because I had to come to work. I just feel so bad for him and as a Mommy I just want to snap my fingers and him feel all better.

My biggest boy, or husband if you wanna call him that, is doing just fine. He has been golfing SO much lately and really enjoying it to the fullest. Cameron gave him his Fathers Day gift last night because Cam will most likely be with Nelson for the rest of the week while we prepare for Amanda and Jay's wedding on Saturday. It is crazy to think that next Father's day we will have the newest little boy with us. Anyways, Cameron got Kyle 3 NY Giants (yuck) baby outfits for ??? Boorstein (naming discussion coming up) and Kyle loved them. But just so EVERYONE knows, the baby has about 4 Giants outfits now and only 2 Skins outfits- I gotta catch up hehe!!!

Now onto our little little baby boy Boorstein... our Dr appt yesterday went SO great. It was nice to finally walk out of an appt smiling and excited versus nervous and uptight. Baby Boo looked awesome, and so big (pics to follow below) he was still moving around, his little arms going crazy, and its just so funny how photogenic he is in my womb. He never covers his face with his hands when we are looking at him and in fact, the nurse did a 3D scan of him yesterday and he was moving all around so we could see every little part of him. Now, Kyle and I think the 3D pictures are a bit disturbing as he still looks like an alien, so we won't be sharing those- you don't need the nightmares trust us! So the Dr. came in and discussed everything, she said the measurements are all perfect. Baby is measuring at 15w6d which is only 2 days behind the actual gestation, the Dr said anything within a week is perfect. She was also very pleased to see the 4 chamber heart because she said that most of the time they aren't able to get such a good shot until about 20 weeks or so. She said that everything looks promising and the baby is doing awesome. She also made a comment about the CVS test and NT scan saying that where we measured it is almost never a problem and everything turns out great. What is that, optimism? Gosh I didn't know that Dr's did that anymore! Anywho- we made an appt for July 15th for our 20 week anatomy scan HALF WAY THERE WOOHOO and we also made an appt for the heart Dr to examine the Boo's heart on the very same day. Even though the Dr said the heart looked great, we just felt it best to take a look..better safe than sorry at this point. Moving on, below are 2 profile pics and of course, the money shot of Boo- he is DEF a boy and wasn't afraid to show it off:)


Photobucket
Photobucket
IT'S A BOY!
Photobucket

Laughable note: Kyle asked if the picture of his "thingee" was his actual penis or just the sack. I told him that I had NO idea, but the baby only weighs 5oz right now so its probably the size of my pinky nail. Kyle said no no, if that baby weighs 5oz, then 4oz of that is ALL UP FRONT! What is it with men and their egos about how big their baby's penis is. I remember when Cameron was born, Nelson was so proud of his unit. And now Kyle thinks that 9/10 of the baby's weight right now is in his penis. Gosh, Boys boys boys????

Now onto the naming front- after I had talked to Angie last week I felt better about naming the baby Colton. I really do like the name a lot and I know it is Kyle's favorite- so settled right? Hmmmm, not so much. As much as I like the name, when I say it out loud I just don't love how it rolls off of my tongue, mainly because it doesn't roll at all. I told Kyle last night that I want to go to our original first name choice and be done with it. I'm still waiting on an answer from him, as I think he is still in shock that I am backing out on Colton. I will let you know when I get word back from Kyle, but if it goes the way I am hoping, we will be welcoming Coen Brady to our lives in November.

Lastly, Kyle and I went to Buy Buy Baby this past weekend to start on our registry, we had SO much fun. Kyle loved having the little scanner and we went trigger happy. We picked out the baby bedding which we love, and I bought a matching blanket to take home with us so that we can match the correct paint color- so next up is painting. Kyle said he will have no problem painting as long as I am not in the room, I think we pissed each other off enough when we painted Cameron's room a few months ago. No problem here, paint away Kyle, paint away.

Til next time....

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones