Kyle and I went to our new OB today and it was a very nice visit. We met with Dr. Laurin who was great, we talked for about 15 minutes about my medical history and reviewing any other questions Kyle and I had (which were few since we have been seeing at least one Dr every week it feels like) All in all it was a very smooth appointment. My medical records from the old practice had not yet been transferred so they had me sign a release form which was great because it meant I didn't have to go to the old place to do so. I felt uneasy about having to do that, going into the office and basically saying, We don't like you, we are switching! Not having to go there to do that actually releases a lot of anxiety I was having about switching practices in the first place. I hate to disappoint or make people think their services aren't good enough for me. I rarely complain..well I mean I complain to Kyle and you guys, but never to their faces, just because I hate the confrontation. So problem solved, and I like it:) I also had blood work done for the AFP test, I failed to ask how long it will take before getting those results, but I'm confident everything is fine. We listened to the heartbeat and Coen is doing super, its nice that since he is getting bigger its a much faster process for the Dr. to find the heartbeat. Last month at our old OB she was moving that thing all over my belly before she found the heartbeat, talk about a few seconds away from a heart attack!
Our next appt is July 22nd in their Rockville location, this will be a normal routine check up w/ ultrasound for the anatomy scan- kind of cool since we are having an anatomy scan with the specialty Dr. the week before, so two weeks in a row we get to see Coen on the screen for a good amount of time- very exciting:)
Moving along, last night we (me Kyle and Cam) had dinner with the family for Mom's bday, it was delicious! I think Mom had a great time hanging out with everyone and she enjoyed her gifts and yummy Whole Foods cake. BTW, if you have never had a strawberries and cream cake from Whole Foods, get in the car right now, find the nearest Whole Foods and get one- I'm not kidding- it's THAT good.
Cameron had his first day of summer camp yesterday (it was actually Monday but he went to Hershey Park with his step-mom and fam on Monday and missed the first day) He had a great time. His BFF from last summer was there and I think Cameron was especially happy to see him, we all enjoy familiar faces don't we? Anyways, he has another funfilled summer while I sit at my desk working away, what a lucky duck he is!
Other than that, things are prob going to be pretty quiet in terms of baby talk until my July 15th heart and anatomy appointments. I have Holly's baby shower this weekend which will be a lot of fun and besides Kyle catching 18 holes one morning, the rest of the weekend will be spent getting stuff done around the house....maybe a trip to Home Depot for paint, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time! (sweet Old School reference for you there!) Cameron asked me yesterday, when is your "boring shower" going to be? I said what boring shower? He said I don't know, for your friend. I asked, who told you it was going to be "boring" He said Kyle! lol, I guess Kyle was telling him the plans to go putt putting this Sunday while I was at Holly's "boring" baby shower- baby showers are not boring Kyle...and if you keep that up, you will be coming to mine! :)
Lastly, because I have not done this in awhile, I wanted to update you on the size of what the baby is according to bump.com:
Coen is the size of an onion! He is approx 5.5 inches long and 7oz. His bones are ossifying and the limbs are growing really fast:) He is now able to hear whats going on outside of the womb, so apparently my loud voice could be startling to him! (and to a few others I'm sure!)
To my infertile followers, please also check my below post and act today!
Much love, Shan:)




3 comments:
I told you that you would love the new practice. I have been going to Dr. Laurib for a few years now and love her. So glad to hear that everything is going well.
All good news! Glad the new OB is a hit. - Tkeys
I am glad the OB is just what you were looking for!
Post a Comment