Monday, June 29, 2009

Ramblings...and Kyle's Tribute to Michael Jackson!

Another week down... 22 more to go (or 153 days!!!!)

And actually to make it a tad more accurate due to c-section, 20 weeks 6 days to go (or 145 days!!!) That seems better doesn't it, just about halfway done with sooooo much more to do to get ready. Hmmmmm come to think of it, maybe we DO need more time. Notice the baby ticker up top, the baby moved a notch bigger which is very exciting:) And for your Monday enjoyment, an update on Coen:

Baby is becoming amazingly mobile (compared to me at least) passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. Baby is finally big enough that I will soon be able to feel his movements. Coen is now the size of a sweet potato. He weighs approx 8.5 ounces and is 6 inches CRL (thats crown to rump for you non baby havers) Coen is even growing hair which is most certainly the cause of my horrible acid reflux issues lately.

Update on Mommy:
As my ever expanding uterus starts shifting from the center of gravity (belly forward bottom out) hormones are causing my ligaments to relax and joints to loosen. The result? OUCH! Back pain and soreness. I'm ever so pissed that I forgot my heating pad to bring to work today:( Yesterday the pain was so bad that I drove home with a golf ball up against the part of my back that was aching and pushed against the seat creating pressure that hurt so bad, but felt SO good at the same time. I think karma is finally coming back to me, as I spent years making fun of my Dad in his back braces when I was younger...its not funny anymore. To add to this, it sure would be nice to have that wonderful Sleep Number bed that Kyle's parents have for us set up... I'm sure that would help my achy little back:) (Yes Kyle, that is what I call a dropped hint!)

On another note, It's official, we were complete slackers this weekend. I'm so ashamed, after all, we had the whole weekend to get things done and that very rarely happens if you have ever read my blog and followed my busy schedule. No laundry, no painting, no yard work... instead we spent time together as a family, took Cameron to see his favorite friend Princess Kailey, and Kyle played a round of golf. Normally I wouldn't see the lack of vacuuming and Pledge spraying an issue, but because we are going to be gone all next weekend to celebrate the 4th, it was really poor judgement on our parts. And spare me the lecture thru email Mom, I know you are just going to tell me to do a little something every evening when I get home from work this week- I highly doubt I will, but I will try:)

Speaking of this weekend, I am SUPER excited for it. We will be leaving Thursday evening to go to the rivah, where I will get to see Angie, Jason and FINALLY meet Mr. Cole Evert:) I will also be seeing the lovely Joseph, Nick and Bridget!!!! The old gang will be together again to spend the holiday weekend with each other and I'm so thrilled I could just jump out of my seat. Hopefully the weather holds out and we have a wonderful weekend. I know for a fact that this week will go by especially slow just because of the anticipation:(

Well, that's all I really have for you right now. Cameron is at the Baltimore Aquarium today for a field trip...seriously, whats it going to take for me to have summer vacations back??? (Not that I ever really had them, I spent every day of every summer of my adolescence in a hot high school gym twirling baton) But man I can honestly say that I am jealous of my 6 year old. So really Kyle, any day you want to come home and tell me that you are making so much money I don't have to work anymore... I'll be welcoming it with open arms. Don't hesitate to share that news with me, ever!

Here is a pic taken last week, its a half-ass belly shot (I'll pose for a real one soon I promise) and also a few pics of Dad's new boat "Gabby Gail" named after my Mommy and notice the Redskins colors please whoop whoop ...that I cannot wait to take a ride on this weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

RIP Michael Jackson, by Kyle Boorstein
(You saw it HERE first!)
It was a very somber mood in the Boorstein household when Michael Jackson passed away last Thursday afternoon. Kyle Boorstein, a self-proclaimed huge fan of the icon, was saddened by the loss and we spent the evening watching specials that different stations had put together for the King of Pop. I told Kyle, "Gosh this is just SO sad, I almost can't believe it." And Kyle replied, "Yeah Shannon, this is a huge deal, he was an historical icon, I grew up on him!" He then went to say, "I even had the vest and glove..." I stopped him.
Shannon: "What? Wait what? You had the what?"
Kyle: "You know, the vest and the glove. Actually it was more like a kit, vest glove AND glue."
Shannon: "What was the glue for"
Kyle: "So I could glue the sequins onto the glove!"
Shannon: "Well Kyle, what did you do when you wore those things?"
Kyle: "I danced, of course!"
I'll have to give it to Kyle, I probably haven't laughed that uncontrollably in well...ever. It was pee in my pants, hyperventilating laughter. Kyle, I love you. You are my best friend and one hell of a person. Thank you for being in my life to always make me smile, or pee my pants. I seriously hope you still love me after I post this pic for all of my readers to see.
Now, remember, you saw it here first. What Kyle failed to mention when telling me this story, was the awesome headband we was wearing too. RIP Michael Jackson~ you were loved.
Photobucket
Can you see the resemblance?
Photobucket
Rest in Peace Farrah Faucet, Billy Mays and Ed McMahon. Bad time to be a celebrity, ya'll are dropping like flies:(
Peace.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Love the belly shot and the MJ pose! I would use that as black mail in the future!

Cheryl said...

love the preggo pic! you are about at the halfway point, thats sooo exciting! keep taking care of yourself and that healthy growing baby boy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones