Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yes Mom, I'm STILL a Boy!

This morning was another trip to the perinatologist for an anatomy scan on Coen. Much like last month, it was a sonogram to look at the baby and how he is growing....and man is he growing:) Today he weighed 11 ounces, he is SO close to being a pound which is really crazy to me. According to babybump.com:

Coen is now the size of a cantaloupe!
He gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! His digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... Coen's genitals are now fully formed!

And sorry to my avid readers for waiting almost 20 whole days since my last post. WOW, I can't believe its been that long... I guess time sort of is flying...

So back to today's appointment, I had a special guest joining me in the examination room, my Mommy! Kyle had an appointment that could just not be missed, so my Mom took his place which was a very cool experience. She always tells me that she never understands ultrasound pictures and what exactly she is looking at, but I think she understood what she saw today. Coen was moving around as normal, at one point I'm pretty sure I saw both legs just stretching out and kicking me (although I still can't really feel anything that strong..it will come I know) And in true Coen fashion, we again got a great look at his "boy parts". In fact, in terms of pictures, those are about the only clear pictures we got. It's like he is screaming to me, YES Mom, I'm STILL a boy. lol. I guess he doesn't want me to forget it either.

Next we moved to my child cardiology appt which I strategically made to go right after my anatomy scan- killing two birds with one stone if you will. Anywho, this is the appt that I really wanted my Mom to be with me at, because if you remember, the Dr. basically told me a few months back that if the chromosomes came back normal, it could be something with the baby's heart. Since Kyle wasn't able to be with me for this, I asked Mom to tag along because I couldn't imagine being by myself in case something was wrong. It was about 45 minutes of laying on my back while the Dr. did a sonogram to view Coen's heart. We also got to hear the heartbeat for most of the appt as well. I am very happy to report that he passed with flying colors and the heart checked out perfectly. Finally, a sigh of relief as now I know the baby's heart and spine are great, all body parts are measuring perfectly and he doesn't have any chromosomal defects. In conclusion, he is going to come out just perfect:)

We have an OB appt next Wednesday in the am for another anatomy scan, which is kind of silly being that I just had one, but I'm taking it so that Kyle can get to see the baby. We also will visit the perinatologist on August 31st for a growth scan. Right around then I will be entering in to my third trimester, woohoo.

Amanda and Angie are busy putting together my baby shower which is something I ultimately cannot wait for. (Sept 26th and don't you forget it! lol) Not because of all the gifts and cutesy stuff for Coen ( I mean thats a plus) but mainly because it is 3 days before my birthday and what better way to spend my birthday then with all of my favorite girls. It is going to be a special day for sure!

What else what else? OH. Cameron got his report card which was equivelent to all A's and one B. Yes, I'm birthed a genius lol. I'm so proud of him though, his teacher remarked that he excelled and was above grade level in reading and math. His "B" was in social skills, meaning listening. I mean, lets be fair, he is a boy and we ALL know that they just don't listen, even when they grow up to be men. hehe. Anyways, Cam is really enjoying summer camp, and today he is at Hershey Park! He also passed the swim test last week so now he can go down the water slide when they visit the pool on Fridays. He is getting SO big and although I complain about time going so slow with this pregnancy, Cameron is just growing too fast. He makes me grin from ear to ear everyday and I'm amazed at the little man he is becoming.

Moving along, a very very Happy Birthday to my hubby who will be turning, gulp, 29 on Friday. We are taking Cam to the carnival, which is probably just as fun for Kyle as it is Cameron because he is still a kid at heart. Then on Saturday morning we are all going to see the latest installment of Harry Potter, again, just as exciting for Kyle as it is for Cameron. Yes people, we are Harry Potter fans and very excited to see this movie.

Okay, I'll leave you with the latest belly shot taken at 19 weeks (also modeling my new haircut although it looks better straight I swear!) and also a few shots from today's appt. The tech thought it would be fun to try the 3D pictures again, what she doesn't get is that they really freak me out. On the up side, I can totally see his face in them this time. P.S Don't feel bad if you don't understand what you are looking at in the pictures, it took me 4 or 5 hours of looking to finally "get" what I am seeing hehe.

Lots of love~ Shan

Coen's Profile Shot- he is yawning!!!

Photobucket

3D Shot #1

Photobucket

3D Shot #2

Photobucket

And last but not least, I give you, the Whale.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update and I am glad that everything went well!

Raising Twin Girls said...

Aww...look at cute little baby Coen! Great pictures. I'm glad all is going well and time is flying by...well maybe not as much for you. LOL

Naomi said...

You look great!! Love the new haircut
I'm glad to hear everything is going perfectly!

You are crazy for thinking things are going so slowly...I think things are whizzin by!
I was just looking at your time line on the right side of your blog and you started a mere 5 months ago.
I better get an invite to the baby shower ;)

Have a fun weekend! A happy bday to Kyle...last one with a 2 in front.( God we're getting old!)

Me said...

Great update! You look beautiful, and I love the new pictures of Coen. - Tkeys

Kari said...

Congrats on both your boys passing with flying colors! I am so glad all is well. You look fabulous!

Donna and Thorne said...

Congrats on all the wonderful news! Happy Birthday to Kyle and you look absolutely wonderful....I see no whale there....UR PREGNANT :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones