The ultrasound went great, everything still measuring right on time and our dear little Coen has reached the 1 pound mark weighing in at 1 pound 1 ounce. He was just moving all around during the ultrasound but it was still very fun to watch. I'm kind of sad that I will not see him again until the end of August, but it was nice to walk out of the office reassured that all things are going as planned and little Coen is doing perfect.
We only got 3 pictures today, and to be honest they kind of sucked. They weren't very clear, but I guess in reality we are just very spoiled with the awesome machines that they have at our perinatologist. So, I am just posting one of the pics today, its the only one that is decent, but what is fun about this pic is that its a direct shot of his face (which if they would have done 3D with this pose, it probably would have turned out very cool) Anywho, I hope for those who never know what they are looking at most of the time, that you can figure out the face in this pic!

So, that was the GOOD- now onto the Not So Bad....
Back aches, cramping and vagina fullness are some of the things that I have been experiencing, and I was really hoping to get a good word or two from the OB today as to what can help this. Not so much:( Basically I was told that second pregnancies tend to feel these aches and pains earlier than first pregnancies because my muscles and such are already stretched out. Fantastic news right? On top of that, I'll go on to share this bit of information with you even though my better judgement says not too- but I'm reminded that the whole point of this blog is to be honest and truthful about every aspect of infertility and pregnancy...good or bad....so the bad- everytime I cough or sneeze, I pee myself! (I'll continue when you stop laughing. Waiting...waiting...are you done yet?) Yes, I pee myself. Its not like full on flow, but enough to make it uncomfortable for me. I have tried doing kegal exercises since this problem began a month or two ago but it hasn't helped much, so now I wear little pads everyday to be prepared for the inevitable. Yeah, pregnancy is awesome isn't it? As my friend Emily stated, I make pregnancy sound so appealing!
So guess what? Coen is really kicking away now. I actually felt it on the outside last night a few times, but of course when Kyle came to feel, he stopped. He just might not be ready to show Daddy his skills yet! Anywho, over the past few weeks I have been feeling more flutters here and there, but in the past few days I can definitely tell they are kicks...and lucky for me, Coen loves to really get in the kicking mood right when I am trying to fall asleep at night. If this is any indication of how he will be when he comes out, shoot me now! lol. The kicks are very low right now and that is because Coen is sitting in a breech position. You know, I don't really blame him, I would want my head to be closer to the heart and far away from the va-jay too wouldn't you? (Kyle don't answer that!)
I asked the OB today when I could schedule the c-section and she said that the we would be able to set the date in late September. I asked her what their offices thoughts were on when to schedule it and she said they don't do it anytime before 39 weeks. Bummer dude, seriously. The old office told us anytime after 38.5 weeks so November 21st was perfect...now its looking like it will be November 23rd (a Monday) and she told me that as long as everything goes okay with my recovery, we will be home on Wednesday. At this point, fine. I think I will probably go into labor before the scheduled date regardless, don't ask why I just have a feeling- and if not, I will strive to be home before Turkey Day. I refuse to go in any later than the 23rd however, because I really don't want Coen's birthday to be any closer than a week to Cameron's. So wish me luck on this whole mess:)
Some sad news moving forward, Kyle's old boss was killed in a head-on collision yesterday in Mt. Airy. Please everyone, wear your seatbelts. I heard about this accident on the radio while driving home and they made it a point to say that the driver was ejected out of the vehicle, you never know what lives could have been saved if they were using their seat belts. Drive safely.
And to end today's post, I'll just boast about how productive my hubby and I were this past weekend. Coen's room is officially painted and I LOVE the color. Mom ordered the baby furniture last Thursday, the dresser is in and we are just waiting for the other dresser/changing table and crib. Thanks again to Mom and Dad for supplying Coen with his bedroom furniture, we are so blessed to have you! Kyle and I also ordered the hardwood flooring for our living room on Saturday and it should be here within the week. Then him and his good friend Chris will start to install. Since we decided to do the hardwood flooring, we cannot afford the romantic getaway to the Poconos as planned, so instead we will be spending our anniversary weekend in Gettysburg. We will lounge around on Friday and Saturday, just relaxing, and then have dinner at the Dobbin House on Saturday night- and lastly, I cleaned the crap out of our bedroom and bathroom . I cleaned out the closet and got together about 5 bags of clothes to give away to charity. Now, Kyle can finally move his clothes into our closet since he has been kicked out of the baby's room closet. I'm still a little bit bummed about having to share a closet, but oh well, its worth it!
I guess thats it for now. God Bless:)




4 comments:
Wow, that was a lot of information you posted. First, cute ultrasound picture even if it isn't a 3D picture. At least us SK girls know what we are looking at when it come to ulrasounds.
Sorry you are having all those pains so early in your pregnancy. I feel for you. With twins, my pains started early and I couldn't sleep after about 4 months in. Oh and the peeing thing is common, more so on your second pregnancy but I had my moments also. Don't feel bad.
Way to go on all the house stuff. It sounds like you are being super productive during your pregnancy. I hated that I couldn't do anything and anytime I cheated I ended up in the hospital.
Take care!
I totally just looked up what vaginal fullness meant!
Haha yay for getting the baby's room organized!
Nope, still don't know what I'm looking at!
Great news about your u/s. Just to let you know, I had that heavy feeling and I peed when I coughed/sneezed, and a lot of it was due to a UTI. Have you had any urine sent out for a culture? It got much better while I was on antibiotics, but some of it is pregnancy related.
Love the u/s pic! Good job making so much progress on the house.
I'm so sorry about Kyle's boss - that is just awful.
- Tkeys
Post a Comment