Moving on, I arrive at CWC at 8:45am and notify the receptionist that I took my drink this morning and what time I finished, as instructed to. I went back to give a urine sample and when I came out, the nurse was waiting for me with some bad news. She told me that they made a mistake in the scheduling and that it is too early for me to take the test (I am 25 1/2 weeks and they don't do the test unless I am 26-28 weeks) so that they will not be drawing my blood today. Well ladies and gentlemen, as you can imagine if you know me at all, I lost it. What do you mean you aren't doing the test? There are a few reasons as to why this pissed me off and here they are, in no particular order:
1). The nurse was just a bitch about it, looking at me like it was no big deal, saying sorry so sarcastically that I knew she didn't mean it, she just wanted me to leave the office.
2). I don't enjoy taking off of work or being late to work so much. Because of my other apppointments with the perinatologist, I'm late at least 2-3 times a month. Now, because of their mistake, I am not only going to be late today for NOTHING, but now I have to make another appointment 2 weeks from now and be late to work again.
3). As I mentioned above, it took some mental preperation for todays appointment and it was just such a letdown to not have it done, now I will have to do it all over again on September 1st, including drinking that awful nasty drink:(
4). I will be 26 weeks in 3 days... I mean I am no Doctor fo sho- but seriously, I can't see how in the world 3 days will make that much of a difference, just saying.
So, when I went to make the next appointment, the receptionist asked when I need to come back in. I just told her, you tell me. She asked if I need to make another appt just for bloodwork or if I need to see a Dr. too, I told her, you tell me! She had me take a seat and brought me some tissues. LOL I guess when you piss me off non-prego I get angry and say mean things- when you piss me off prego- I just cry.
The head of nurses walked out to me while I was sitting down and apologized for the error. She then told me I could still see the Dr. today if I wanted to, that I could even have my blood drawn today as well, but I would have to come back at 28 weeks for a repeat if I were to do so. Um, why the hell would I do that? Oh sure, please stick me today for NO medical reason so that I can come back and be stuck again two weeks from now. Give me a break... people are idiots.
So this really just puts the cherry on top of my shitty ass Thursday pie. I get back up to make the appointment and the receptionist says, "Okay, so how does Sept 17th sound?"
(side note, thank GOD I am not a dumbass and actually like to use my head unlike some of the people at my OB office)
Shannon: "Um, the 17th? That doesn't sound right, they told me I need to do it before 28 weeks!"
Receptionist Pam: "Yeah, you will be 28 weeks then."
Shannon: "Um, no, I won't. I'm 26 weeks this Sunday."
Pam: "No you aren't, thats not what my computer is telling me."
(At this time, Ms. Pam was a very lucky lady that I was indeed pregnant or I would have high jumped over that receptionist desk and flicked her... hey...my flicks hurt! I hestitated to say that I knew exactly how far along I was because of the many time tickers I have on my blog, I didn't want to sound too off the wall afterall!)
Shannon (Pulling out the calendar and talking in a very slow voice so that this not-so-bright lady could follow me): "No, see I am 26 weeks, see 27, 28.... the 17th is a month away!"
Pam: "Oh, you are right, what was I thinking? You need to be here on the 1st!"
So, not only did they screw up and schedule me too early today, they were about to turn around and schedule me past the deadline. Goodness gracious, sometimes I wonder how people put their pants on in the morning.
Well, there you have it, my poopy morning that led to a NOT happy Shannon. I will be seeing the perinatologist next on August 31st and then back to the incompetents on the 1st. I just keeping telling myself, 3 more months, 3 more months.
Speaking of days left, I'm officially under the 100 days left mark. Yes, I know thats not what my ticker says on top, but remember, I will be going in 1 week early for a c-section. My third trimester starts the day before Labor Day, we will actually be heading back from NY on that day- this is obviously a HUGE milestone for Coen and I'm very excited to get there. After the loss we had in December of last year, its hard to believe we are about to hit the home stretch of this pregnancy.
This past weekend we went to a wedding at the Chesapeake Bay, it was gorgeous. The bride was stunning, the colors were bright and magnificant, and I absolutely loved the scenic view of the bay bridge off to the side. I'll attach a few pictures at the end of this post.
We also went to finally meet my friend Cheryl's little baby boy, DJ, on Sunday. He is the cutest little squishy thing ever. Cheryl and Dani are amazing parents and I'm so proud to be a part of their lives. Cheryl, I keep your mother in my prayers everyday as she recovers from her stroke. She has a lot to live for still and I know she is tough enough to pull through it. I love you girl!
This coming weekend is my best friend Jessica's bridal shower that I am hosting and I hope its as wonderful as she deserves. I can't believe her wedding is right around the corner, which continues to remind me that I need to get Kyle and Cameron fitted for their tux. Cameron is going to be the cutest ring bearer- gosh he got his good looks from his Momma (hehe)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll be sure to update sometime next week with how the bridal shower went, oh and another crazy milestone that is about to take place, Cameron going into first grade! Til then.... god bless!
The View from Ceremony Site
Me, Lynnea & Erin during the Roof Deck Cocktail Hour
Gina, Crystal, Amanda and Me:)
The "CRAB" Cake (Yes, its ALL cake)
The Wedding Cake!
Kyle and I on the Beach:)










3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your crappy morning... I have the same problem w/ nurses trying to find my veins so i end up w/ huge bruises on my arm and they end up in the hand :) 3 more months 3 more months! My cousin is going to 1st grade too I can't believe they grow up so fast xoxo
You look great! I'm sorry you had a lousy day - I hate those kind of mix-ups! Hopefully today will be better. - Tkeys
that sucks!!! sorry you didnt like the drink as much as i thought you would... hopefully they get it right next time, stupid ob office receptionist!
Post a Comment