A few weeks ago I mentioned that our neighbor and good friend's mother was having complications from a lung transplant she had at the beginning of the summer.
It is with great sadness that I share with you that they will be taking her Mother off of life support tomorrow and saying good-bye.
Laura and Mike, you are two wonderful people and Kyle and I have been blessed to have you as our very first neighbors. We pray for you and your family during this very difficult time, we pray for your Mother that she no longer lives in pain.
Kyle and I had noticed that Laura and Mike had left their house on Wednesday and I was afraid to ask what happened. Laura shared with me yesterday through email this devastating news, and I'm going to admit it made me feel like a jerk for complaining about my morning with the OB. It made me remember that there are so many important things in life, that I'm pretty damn lucky and things could be a whole heck of a lot worse. For that, I apologize. My back aches and fatigue seem simple and meaningless compared to what Laura and her family are going through right now. Like me, Laura is an only child and I can't even begin to imagine her pain at this time.
Please say a prayer with me for the Steffey family.




No comments:
Post a Comment