Before I left, the nurse handed me a bag with some information about registering myself at the hospital, what classes are available pre-birth and what I should be expecting this coming month. Also in the bag was the dreaded glucose drink:( It just LOOKS disgusting. So, on my way to the next OB appt I have to chug the drink (drink the whole thing within 5 minutes) and then have the bloodwork done within 45 minutes. Hopefully results will come back that I am fine, I really don't want to have to go in for that 3 hour testing, hasn't my body suffered enough pricks and prongs this pregnancy?
So all in all, when I was leaving the OB office I said, "So...there is nothing wrong with me?" And she just said every so politely, "Nope, you're just Pregnant!" lol, yeah... I guess I am!
Week 1 is down of Cameron being away, he is now in OC with Nelson and I'm missing him more than ever. I miss his little face, hugs and kisses. I cannot wait for him to come home, but from what I heard from my In-Laws, he was very well behaved in Disney and enjoyed his time very much! Early last week I recieved Cam's teacher assignment for 1st grade and when Open House is. Am I really going to be sending one baby boy into first grade right before the new baby boy arrives? I'm just not ready for him to grow up, but as Kyle tells me, its gotta happen. Regardless, Cami will always be my baby:)
Moving On....
Kyle and I just got home from our mini vacation to Gettysburg, PA. It was relaxing and a great way to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.
We arrived at our hotel around 4:30 (had to make a quick stop at the Outlets because Kyle forgot to pack regular shoes) and right away decided to get out and do something. What we did? Putt Putt!!! Kyle and I went putt-putting on our honeymoon and haven't gone since so it was kind of fitting to do it again. On our honeymoon, I kicked Kyle's butt so I was one up on him. Well, this time he beat me the first round and we tied on the second round- so we are even, for now. It was very nice to do something, just the two of us, no worries of work, kids, doctors appts, house cleaning.... we laughed a LOT and it was all about enjoying each others company. We finished the night with a yummy dinner at Friendly's! We love that place, and they basically closed all of them around our area. I told Kyle, anything with ice cream and I'm there!!! When we got back from dinner we did something that I had not only not done all summer, but not since I got pregnant... swimming!! Unfortunately, the hotel pool was filled with young kids jumping, diving and flipping into the pool- along with lots of screaming. It wasn't the most relaxing of events but it was refreshing! We also sat in the hot tub for about 10 minutes...well Kyle sat, I put my feet in. After that, it was off to bed.
Kyle had made a tee time for himself at 10am the next morning, and because the weather wasn't scorching, I decided to go along for the ride. Funny story, before I understood golf and all of its terms, I was always confused with what tee time was. After many times of wanting to ask but never doing it, I finally said "Mom, I don't get why its so important for everyone to sit down for tea before playing golf, what if you would rather have coffee, or nothing at all?" LOL.... I know some of you would have to admit you questioned it when you were younger too, right?? Anyways, it was a beautiful day out on the course and although Kyle didn't play "up to par", it was still a morning spent together, full of good conversation and laughter. I treasure moments like that.
After golf Kyle and I decided to catch a movie at this HUGE theater right next to the hotel. We saw The Ugly Truth, although very predictable, it's a romantic comedy so what do you expect? Overall, it was a very cute movie with hilarious dialect and I say, go see it!
We had reservations at one of Kyle's favorite restaurants for dinner so I had to quickly get back to the hotel and get ready. Dinner was amazing, if you have never been to the Dobbin House in Gettysburg and have the opportunity, I really suggest you do so. Make reservations first of course. It was only my second time going there, but certainly not the last. The crab imperial was superb, I only wish I had leftovers to have for today!!!! After dinner, we took a short walk in the town and checked out some of the shops, then headed back to the hotel and it was lights out from there- I was exhausted!
We woke up this morning and got on the road, had breakfast at IHOP (YUMMY!) and currently are sitting on the couches relaxing. It was nothing short of a spectacular weekend and I wish it didn't have to end:(
I'll leave you with a few pictures...first is a pic of this morning at 24 weeks! I'm going to finally admit that the weeks are starting to fly by, and when I think of the fact that I only have a little over 3 months to go, I get a little overwhelmed. Coen is definitely on his way, ready or not!
Next up are pics of the new wood floors, as promised. We are very happy with the results and I am pleased to be sharing the pics with you. We had our first visit from a maid this past week and she did a splendid job. I cannot tell you how much stress relief it gives me to not have to worry about how the house looks. I was able to leave this past weekend and truly enjoy my time with Kyle and not have the guilt of knowing the toilets really needed a good scrubbing back home. We will be having this maid come in bi-weekly and its making my life that much easier. Even Kyle who was against the maid in the first place was very happy with the results, and I think he enjoys my attitude right now as well, its obvious that a clean house keeps Momma happy!!!
So this weekend we are headed to the Bay Bridge for Ashley and Mike's wedding and next week is my OB appointment. I set up our 3D/4D sonogram in Baltimore for Sept 13th (Yes, football Sunday!) and cannot wait to see the little guy... things are moving along very well and it's exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Til next time, peace:)







4 comments:
I'm glad you didn't have anything wrong with you & that you had such a great trip & anniversary! You look great! It definitely looks like Cohen might be coming sooner than expected! Oh and the wood floors are beautiful!
Pregnancy in itself makes your body think there is something wrong with you. Ha ha.
I'm glad you had a great trip with Kyle!!
The floors look fantastic. Great job.
Oh and you look fantastic also. I love the new hair when it is straight. Very cute.
YAY for a great weekend! Sounds like you both had a great time. Glad nothing was wrong with you. The floors look great. They did a wonderful job. Looking forward to seeing those u/s pics of Mr. Coen.
I'm glad you are fine! Sometimes, they need to send the urine out for a culture - I always passed the pee stick test they do in the office, but I had a UTI from a bacteria they cannot detect from the dipstick.
You'll get through the glucose test - try drinking it with a straw, and it will go faster.
BTW - I took Zantac 75 the whole pregnancy - that worked well for me, and is also pregnancy-safe. If the pepcid doesn't work, try zantac!
Glad you had a wonderful weekend, and I love the belly pics - you look great! - Tkeys
Post a Comment