Monday, August 3, 2009

Praying for a Baby Boo 101

It came to my attention that last weeks post was number 100! I can't believe that I blog that often, but I figured we would do a quick yee-haw about it like the TV shows do when they hit the big 100. (Insert your own woo-hoo, cartwheel, celebration dance here)

Okay, enough of that.

Today marked the second week of MedImmune's summer hours. I basically have to work 10 hours Mon-Thurs and if I do, I can leave at Noon on Fridays. Pretty decent deal actually, and besides the complete boredom factor and hair pulling I do in that last hour of the day, it was refreshing to get in on Friday and know I only had to put in a few hours of this hell-hole before going home. Summer hours ends on Labor Day so I'm going to make the most of it, this week I will be leaving early to meet Kyle at home- and then off to our anniversary weekend in PA.

Cameron left for Disney this past Friday and I will not be seeing him again until August 16th. A lot of people have told me to "enjoy the break" and as much as I try, I still miss that little booger so much. The night before he was leaving me, I had a huge emotional breakdown that I really can't even blame on pregnancy hormones. We are talking hyperventilating-losing-my-mind type of crying. Poor Kyle, he doesn't know what to do with me sometimes, but he always tries:) Finally he went into Cameron's room, picked up the 50 pounds of dead weight and brought him into our room to lay down with me. I just held him and kissed his forehead.... I needed those extra few seconds with him even if he was passed out. Shortly after, he started his normal moving around, kicking, turning sideways while sleeping so I had Kyle take him back to his room. I mean, as much as I was going to miss the kid, I needed my sleep!

Kyle and Chris put in our pergo flooring this past weekend, I am beyond thrilled with it. I'm not going to get into too much detail because I plan on posting before/after pics sometime this week, but just wanted to thank my hubby and Mr. Cullen for an amazing job..what a difference the flooring makes!

Kyle and I had to get out the heartbeat monitor the other day, because I was not feeling Coen move as much as he normally does... and that only scares me because normally this little boy moves SO much. Well, heartbeat was able to be found and we could even tell that he was moving around- I think what happened is that as he gets bigger my uterus is moving more in my belly and less in my pelvic area where I have a little, okay a LOT more fat and therefore its a tad harder to feel him. Thats my explanation at least lol, but as I speak I can feel him moving all around so I'm sure everything is okay. Sometimes it just takes me drinking some OJ in the am to get him going.

Speaking of Coen, his little face is fully formed, minus the baby fat, and his next task is to sprout two little nipples hehe:)

Moving on to some prayers:

My bestest buddy Cheryl lost her father a few years back which was very tough on her, Charlie was an amazing man, husband and Father- back in June Cheryl had her baby boy, Dani Jr. and everything was looking up, until last week when they had to admit her Mother into the ER for stroke like symptoms. The last I heard from her was that she is stable in ICU, but please cross your fingers that everything is okay, and pray for Ms. Betty.

Next, our neighbor and good friend Laura is dealing with unfortunate issues with her Mom too. She had a lung transplant a few months ago and ever since has been dealing with multiple issues including infections and other set backs. Yesterday Laura got a phone call that the pnemonia her Mother has is getting worse, and after talking to Laura this morning she told me this is it, and that her Mom is not going to recover.

I can't imagine the pain that they are going through right now, as many of you know my Mom is my best friend and if I lost either of my parents you would be visiting me in a pyscho ward instead of visiting my blog. I pray for the both of them and what they are going through.

Lastly but not leastly, this has been a tough time for me in some ways as well. As you all can remember, I miscarried last December from our first IVF. Now, two of the women that got pregnant around the same time as me have delivered their babies, which makes it hard when realizing that I too might have already had or about to have that little baby. Although very sad, the silver lining is the baby boy I have growing inside of me now, and how blessed we are to have him. I don't have to try very hard to keep that in mind because I am so excited but the past does have an ugly way of looming over me sometimes. I just have to tell the past to go shove it, right?

I hope everyone has a splendid week and I promise to check in if anything interesting happens!

Much love <3

3 comments:

Sarah and Andy said...

Yeah girl, you tell that past to SHOVE IT! Congrats on your 101st post! Praying for you & that little baby boy!

Raising Twin Girls said...

Yay for being a consistent blogger. It is almost a compuslion with me now. I don't want to foget to put something on my blog beacuse I might end up forgetting something.

I can't wait to see pics of your new floors. I love our hardwood floors, they are the best.

Enjoy your anniversary weekend and have fun without kids around while you can.

Me said...

Congrats on reaching 100! It is hard when the past comes up to bite you - just give it a good kick. Cam will be back again before you know it - I can only imagine how hard it is to let him go for that long! - Tkeys


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones