Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Glucose Test, Take II

This morning went very smooth, I got to the OB office 30 minutes early so I just sat and read some magazines. They called me back and had me give a urine sample and then it was time to take blood. She didn't use a butterfly needle, probably just because she was a bitch, but it ended up working just fine. I saw the OB a few minutes later, heard the baby's heartbeat and she measured my tummy, all is well. I haven't gained a pound in the past month either, weird, but true.

When I gave my urine sample I noticed a little bit of red blood on my panty liner, but it did not worry me because I knew what it is. My "area" has become so overly irritated by the discharge that it is swollen and itchy. I try to keep it clean and try but it has become nearly impossible. I talked to the OB about this and she said that she thinks I should try Desatin.. a baby butt cream for diaper rash. I'm willing to try anything to soothe the area. And as I just wrote that I started to wonder if my brother-in-law still reads this blog on occasion...hmmm....oh well, Hi Marc!

That's it for today's update, I start my bi-weekly appointments at the OB and will be back on 9/15 for my, gulp, 30 week checkup. The weather has been so nice and cool for the past 2 days, if it stayed like this, I could be pregnant forever! (Don't quote me on that, it is obviously a HUGE exaggeration! lol) Have a good week!

3 comments:

Marc said...

HI shannon

Raising Twin Girls said...

I'm glad the appointment went better this time. I hope you get a passing grade on the glucose test. Good luck with the Desitin....I hope things feel better soon.

Me said...

Glad the appt went well, but srry you are so uncomfortable. Did they check to see if you had a yi? Ugh - no fun at all! - Tkeys


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones