Got the call from the OB, I failed my glucose tolerance test. The nurse said I was "slightly" elevated, whatever the word slightly means. Anyways, gotta go in for the 3hr test on Tuesday morning at 7:30am. For anyone who doesn't know what this entails, it's basically me drinking the nasty drink AGAIN (3rd time a charm?) and then having my blood drawn on the hour for 3 hours straight. I am to not eat/drink anything before the test or during, and I have to stay at the lab the whole time as to not endure any physical activity- because you know, if I was able to leave, I was definitely going to go run a marathon! lol.
I'm annoyed, I wanted SOMETHING to go right for me this pregnancy, but yet again I will be poked, pricked and pronged like a needle cushion, I guess thats just my life and luck:( I think the one thing I am nervous about is the tech finding the vein, s/he will not only have to find it once, but three times... they better come with their A game on Tuesday morning.
Lastly, Kyle and I almost made a trip to the Labor and Delivery last night. I woke up with extreme pains around midnight last night, my whole stomach was a huge cramp, I couldn't show you one little inch of my stomach that wasn't in horrible pain, I felt like knives were just getting stabbed into me. Kyle was up and getting clothes on, ready to take me in. I wasn't quite sure what was going on, but I was 100% sure I was not having contractions because my stomach was not tightening up and it was a constant pain, not on and off like contractions. I told Kyle to get the phone so I could talk to an on-call Dr and while he was doing that, I took 2 Tums. Within about 5 minutes the pain started to subside and I was able to lay back down. In conclusion, it was probably gas... but damn gas...take it easy next time! I'm just glad I didn't have to wake Cameron up and make that trip to the hospital. Crisis diverted- this time!
Thats it, I'm probably done posting for this week, you got 3 posts from me so you should be pretty content for now! God Bless.




3 comments:
I'm sorry - hopefully you will pass the 3 hour test! If not, they just have you alter your diet a bit, so it really isn't the end of the world. Hang in there! - Tkeys
I'm sorry about the glucose test and the fact this will be the 3rd time you have had to drink that nast stuff. I feel for you. I hope the 3 hour one goes well and you can be done with that mess.
I'm glad you didn't have to go to labor and delivery. I had some weird pains now and then and it is hard when you can't tell what it is right away. Hang in there and I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smooth. You deserve that!!!
You crazy girl!
SOMETHING IS going right
You're gestating a squishy lil baby!
Post a Comment