Monday, November 23, 2009

2:45am and WIDE AWAKE!

So, I knew this would happen, 2:45am and I have so many things racing through my mind that there is no way I can sleep...grrrrr. Doesn't help that Hubby was a snoring fool:(

I decided to go ahead and get the last minute things done, packed up the remaining toiletries, emptied the dishwasher and made Cameron's lunch for the day. I wish there was more that I could do to keep myself occupied but since there wasn't, I thought I would just post a blog:)

It is unbelievable to me that in less than 10 hours Coen will be here, almost a surreal feeling like it isn't really happening. Sometimes having that feeling makes me nervous, like I am not prepared or ready for this new journey we are about to embark on. How can that be though, I am more than ready, I guess it is just the fact that this part of our adventure is finally coming to an end and part of me never thought that was going to happen. Kyle said it hasn't hit him yet either, which he said is good because he doesn't want his nerves to get the best of him. Apparently he thinks my nerves clashed with his nerves won't mesh...lol I guess I can see that.

So I wanted to say two things to my lovely friends/family that will want to visit us at the hospital within the next few days.
1). Shady Grove now charges for visitor parking... I think I remember it saying that it is $1.50 per hour, $5.00 max per visit. When you park, bring your ticket inside the hospital with you, at the entrance there will be a place for you to pay for your ticket before you leave and it accepts cash or credit.
2). Please call Kyle's cell or my hospital room (call the hospital to get) before you plan on visiting for a few reasons. The first being that I would hate for you to come visit while I am napping or the baby is having tests done. Secondly, I really don't want it to be over-crowded in the room so if there are already a few too many people in the room, you might just want to wait a little while until it quiets down. Please do not take this as I don't want you to come visit, I hope to see each and every one of your beautiful faces, just call first lol.

Okay its now 3:30, I'm going to log off on here, pack up the laptop and lay on the couch to try and catch a few more zzzzzz's (doubtful). Hopefully by this evening if I feel up to it I will post a few pics of Coen from the hospital, so stay tuned!

Wish us luck:)

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Super excited for you! Congratulations lady, can't waitttt for pictures!!

Naomi said...

Can't believe it's finally time!! Good Luck to you and all your family!
I can't wait to see pictures and eventually meet the lil monkey.
Much love from Jeff and I ! ( Me and Jeff? )
<3

Donna and Thorne said...

Good Luck Shannon! I'm sure lil Mr. Coen is probably here by now. I can't wit to see his pictures!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones