Today was my last OB appointment before the c-section. I had another BPP sonogram, Coen once again scored an 8/8 which is wonderful. My OB checked my cervix and I am currently 2 cm dialated. I'm pretty certain that I will not be going into labor before my c-section date at this point, which I have accepted, but it's still fun to know that my body is doing what it is supposed to be doing for natural labor. We spoke about medications and she informed me that I will be having a spinal block instead of an epidural, which from what I have heard, is the way to go when having a c-section. I'm still nervous as hell about the whole process, picturing it in my mind brings on a lot of anxiety so I try not to think about it at all!
In other news, I decided to work this week afterall, it was supposed to be one week of vacation before the c-section but because I find working from home so easy on me, why waste vacation time? So now I will have an extra week at home with Coen before returning to the office in February.
I am very proud at this time to share with you Cameron's excellent report card. He received 1 "S" and the rest "O"s. He is so smart and loves school so much, I am just in love with that little boy more and more everyday. Last night he came home from school and before I even had to ask he was already at the table with his homework out! Below is a picture of his 1st grade school picture:) So cute!

Other than that, nothing much more to report. There is not much to do around the house to prepare for the baby except laundry BLAH and we are having the maid service come in on Monday so the house will be nice and clean when we return from the hospital:)
I'd like for everyone to say a quick prayer for Mike Gotzens (His Blog) Mike has had some ups and downs the past few weeks and we just pray for his full recovery from the ailments. We love you Mikey!!!
I assume the next time I post on here will be with a birth story and pictures of Coen. We were really bummed to find out last week that Cameron will not be able to visit me or Coen in the hospital because of H1N1 (even though he HAS been vaccinated) but I guess this will just make Thanksgiving day with the family that more special! Til next time, god bless!




2 comments:
I was just wondering how you were doing. That is great that you can keep working and enjoy more time home with our new little prince. I can't wait to hear about the birth and see pictures of your little IVF blessing. Take it easy and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I am so happy for you. Your blod is correct look at the difference a year makes. You and Amy are living proof that miracles happen. I am so happy for you and hope that all goes smoothly.
Post a Comment