Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Last Baby!!!

I just noticed while logging on today that we have made it to the last baby on the ticker at the top of the page... what a journey it has been to get here! The month of November (on Facebook at least) is all about what you are thankful for. A lot of people have been posting daily the things that they are thankful for which has got me thinking of all of the things I am so grateful to have in my life. First, obviously, is my family and friends. God blessed me when he gave me everyone that I have in my life. I have the most supportive parents, understanding and entertaining friends, a husband that is so good to me I don't even know what I did to deserve him, and a baby boy that is the apple of my eye. I'm also very thankful that I have a job that helps me put food on the table and keep our home warm and equipped with cable television:) I'm thankful for fertility treatments, without them we might never be in the position I am now, 11 days away from delivering my second child with the man that I love. I may not love being pregnant (okay, I hate it) but seeing and meeting Coen for the first time is going to make all of this miserable uncomfortable-ness worth it.

Okay, enough with the gooey stuff, time for some updates. I am technically considered "full term" now which means that anytime Coen wants to make his appearance he should be healthy with no complications. It's a relief to get to this point and know that I did my very best to keep him baking for as long as he needed to. On Tuesday I had my 37 week OB appointment and all went very well. I had another BPP sonogram and Coen scored an 8/8 so we couldn't ask for anything more. I lost my mucus plug this past Sunday/Monday but the OB assured me that it really meant nothing in terms of early labor...bummer. My Mom also reiterated that when she told me that it took two more weeks for her to have me after she lost hers. Double bummer lol.

Moving on, nothing much more to report from the OB appointment, it was fairly uneventful and they didn't even check my cervix, which bummed me out:( Anywho, my LAST OB appointment will be this coming Tuesday, ahhh the end is near!

This past weekend we had Cameron's 7th birthday party at the bowling alley, he had a great time and I think the party was a success. Cam was passed out in the car within minutes of our drive home, he was beat! Earlier that day he had his last football game, he scored a touchdown and an extra point- he was given the game ball and a medal (in which he didn't take off for two whole days! ) We are all very proud of his success in football and look forward to next season...well.... I'm not so looking forward to him playing with pads and actually making contact with other kids, but I guess he is just growing up!

In other Cameron news, he is laying right next to me with a terrible cough/cold. No fever, thank goodness, but I kept him home from school today- which he fought me about. He literally cried when I told him he would be staying home today, but I guess I should treasure the moments where he wants to go to school, huh?

Okay, so now picture time! I have been promising pics of the finished nursery so without further ado...

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

AND, here are some belly pics, first taken at 35 weeks and the second taken at 37 weeks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sarah and Andy said...

You and the nursery look great! So excited to see pictures of Coen! Hope your 1st baby feels better soon!

Linda said...

The baby's room is so cute; good job. BTW you've been on the last baby for a while! Love you.

Donna and Thorne said...

Congrats to making it to the last baby...although its been there since like week 36 or something hehehe. I'm so excited for you that you get to meet your lil man in 9 days!!!!
Coen's room is adorable. I love the furniture and the cribbing you picked out. Its gorgeous!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones