Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait...

If that saying has any truth, we should have GREAT things coming because we have been waiting an eternity!

One nugget of great news is Kyle's job, he is a service advisor at a Ford dealership in Gaithersburg, and even better is, he LOVES it! I'm so happy that he has not only found a job but found one that he really enjoys.. afterall it makes going to work so much more pleasant when you actually like what you are doing and the people that you work with.

We have placed Coen in a nearby daycare that a close family friend of mine works at, which makes me feel better about him being there, and not at home with Daddy. I've been told by virtually everyone working there that he is such a happy and easy baby to be around. Uhh, are you sure you have the right baby? lol. I'm just kidding, he is a ball of joy, but I do think he is probably easier for them then he is for me. I think that is pretty typical though, right? Eh, RIGHT?

Co Co (as I so affectionately call him) is teething once again, this time he has three monsters coming up which makes for a very uncomfortable lil man. We ran out of motrin and went to the store to get more, everywhere was sold out. I guess I was a little late on the fact that Tylenol was recalled which is why the motrin flew off the shelves like it was going out of style. Keep me filled in people, or at least when you are buying your own, buy some extra for me! Geesh.

Cameron is all signed up for football this fall, he is going to be trying out for the Urbana Hawks youth football program. This is a very prestigous league and one to be very honored to be a part of, if he makes it. Apparently, anyone who is anyone serious about playing football plays in this nationally recognized league... it's pretty serious... seriously ridiculous. He will have practice 5 nights a week and on Saturdays for the month of August, and then 2-3 nights a week once school starts. Games will be all over the State of MD, so it's going to take real committment from Cameron and us. Cam has already agreed to miss the beach in order to do this, I just hope that he sticks with it and of course, makes the team! One thing my child has going for him is that he LOVES the sport. He sleeps eats and breathes football. He takes his football wherever he goes, he loves Sportscenter much to my dismay, and sleeps in a Giants football decorated room complete with an ubsurdly large Eli Manning fathead. This kid wants it, he has goals to play college ball (Florida State) and of course expects to be drafted by the New York Giants. Now, as a realistic parent I know better, but I will always support his goals and do anything I can to help him achieve them. If you would like to help lil Cameron achieve his dreams, donations to Cam's college fund can be sent to Shannon Boorstein at.... lol, I kid I kid.

A few weeks ago, I went to a family reunion that wasn't mine... just call me the Reunion Crasher. Anywho, it was the first time I got to meet my best friend, Angie's, newest addition Ben- and Angie's first time meeting Coen. We got the two boys plus Angie's other son, Cole, together for a picture- it was precious.

Photobucket
Photobucket


The next day I had a "Girl's Day" with my ladies at Top Golf. It was great to get out, even if it was just a few hours, and enjoy the day with my girls. Love them:)

Photobucket

BIG NEWS, my best friend Jessica delivered baby Drew last week! He was born on June 29th 5 pounds 8 ounces and so adorable. Drew had to spend the first week of his life in the NICU due to breathing problems and lung immaturity, but Jessica told me last night that he passed his carseat test and was able to come home. I'm SO excited for her, and can't wait to see my "nephew" again, and this time actually hold him and spoil him with hugs and kisses:) Welcome Andrew David Lueben!

Photobucket

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend, I know I sure did! It was spent with friends and family at the river house:) Although Friday night is a bit "fuzzy" I know there were laughs (and memories) made. I'm so lucky for the people that I get to share my life with, they make everything piss poor in my life turn into pure gold. You guys rock!!!

Photobucket

On Monday, the holiday after the holiday, we went to Coen's godparents pool for some more fun in the sun:) It was Coen's first experience in a REAL pool, not the small blow up one we try to pass for a pool. He freakin loved it! We spent a good half an hour, if not more, swimming and bouncing around before he started to rub his eyes for nap time. I'm SO glad that he loves the water, he is going to be a little fish just like his big brother!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've added some new music, a few songs that have made it into my top favs lately (plus the Darius Rucker song that is my theme song as a Mom) I mean, as if my blog isn't entertaining enough, I go and add musical enjoyment for you too. I'm too much, I know it:)

Til next time....

1 comment:

Donna and Thorne said...

Glad all is going well on your end. Coen is such a handsome lil man!

BTW....Motrin was recalled as well. The best thing to get right now is the offbrand of tylenol. I swung by our local KMART and picked up every bottle they had left (like 5 or so) just to make sure I had stock lol. Gage needed it with his teething issues as well.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones