It's been over two weeks since my last post, so I figured it was time to do some typing:)
Today is my wonderful Mommy's birthday, and she doesn't look a day over 30! It's kind of crazy to say that, being that I am not too far from the dreaded age. I remember when I was younger, if someone would ask me how old my Mom was I would always say 36. Even if they asked me three years later, I would say 36. As old as I was getting, it wasn't occuring to me that my Mom was getting older too. I'm sure that is a situation she wouldn't mind handling these days haha.
Today also marks 7 months of beautiful blessed time with my baby Coen. I'm not sure what is more crazy, the fact that he has been with us for 7 months, or that fact that he will be one in 5 months?!?! Either way, my handful of happiness is getting so big and we are lovin it. Coen is now eating every type of baby food, vegetables, fruits and meats. I've also been giving him some of my table foods that don't involve chewing, like yogurt and smashed up beans. He loves everything and doesn't really turn away from anything- except of course the dry heaves he gave me the other day when I fed him spinach and potatoes. Note to self- if I wouldn't eat it, chances are he won't either.
Coen is sitting up unassisted, until he leans over to get something and then loses his balance. We can get him into the crawl stance, but as soon as he makes his first move, TIMBERRRRR. Most notably for Coen in the past few weeks is his talking/laughing and personality. He is plump full of personality and really lets us know if he is happy or not. He is definitely not one to be shy and I think he got that from Kyle. For Father's Day, Coen gave Kyle the gift of words, and started to say DaDa. He won't do it on demand, yet, but when he does say it he gets so excited- and that is probably because Kyle goes nuts. Even though I swear he has been saying MaMa for months now (lol) I'm happy that he is doing this for Kyle, it's an experience like no other.
Speaking of Kyle, he got a job! He starts this Monday, which leaves me in a bit of a pickle with finding daycare for Coen- but I'm very excited for him, and I know he is relieved to get back out there and provide for his family. He left the house for an hour yesterday and came back to say that going to work was going to be so hard, because even leaving for that hour he missed Coen so bad. I told him that he had absolutely NO idea how much he was really going to miss being at home with the baby. I think in a big way I am going to miss him not being home with Coen too.
In other work news, I also have had some good fortune. I received a promotion at work a few weeks ago which was very exciting. I worked hard for this one, so it was nice to see the work pay off. This means I am 10x busier than before, which means less time to post a blog, but I will find a way- oh don't you worry- I will find a way:)
Finding daycare for Coen has been a nightmare. I'm unable to find any centers in the area for under 370/week. I can put him in a family daycare, but the reliability of going to a center can sometimes be worth the cost. I can't have a provider call me in the morning and say she is "too sick" to have kids, yet I would still have to pay her for that day. Not to mention she would be allowed to go on vacation and I would have to pay her for the week that she is away, and pay someone else for alternative care. Things like that just don't make it worth it to save a few bucks a week, in my opinion.
Cami is in summer camp and enjoying every second of it. How could you not, field trips every other day, pool every Friday... I mean I dare you to ask me if I would want to trade lives with the little booger!
My bestest, Jessica, is being induced with my "nephew" Andrew on Monday. I can't wait for him to be here... this baby has been a long time coming. I've known Jess for many many MANY years and she has wanted to be a Mommy for most of them. She is going to be great, I can't wait to see her eyes light up the way that mine do when I see my babies, it is magical.
That's all for now, back to the grind to earn my keep at this wonderful company. Til next time (which I honestly promise not to make another two weeks from now!) Holla:)




2 comments:
Congrats to Kyle - what a HUGE relief! I'm sure it will be a big adjustment for him (and you and Coen, too). I'm glad that you found daycare - I know how stressful that can be. - Tkeys
Yay to Kyle for the new job!
Life is bittersweet, in one way something is a huge relief, yet that same thing can kinda depressing. I'm sure Coen will be in good hands though!
I hope your lil babe feels better soon! :(
Your loyal reader ;),
Naomi
Post a Comment