So, as promised, I am back to update you on yesterday's NT Scan (or First Trimester Screen)
I couldn't believe how nervous I was walking into the room. Kyle wasn't with me for a few reasons, and I hated that I was going into this appointment by myself. So thankful that my friend Kelly was there to perform the u/s, it definitely made me feel less alone.
Right off the bat we saw the beautiful baby, sitting perfect waiting to be photographed. Kelly kept saying, OH this baby is perfect, I couldn't ask for a better baby. S/he just laid there on their back looking up and it was really easy for her to get all of the measurements. I joked that maybe I FINALLY have a photogenic baby:)
I'm currently having issues uploading the pictures, so stay tuned!
So the the NT measurement was great, 1.8mm, and baby measured about 6 days ahead which was not enough to change the due date (which is fine, I need ALL the time I can get!)
Once Kelly was done taking all of the measurements, she asked me (and apparently she doesn't do this for just anyone) if I wanted her "best guess" at the gender. I of course screamed YES!!! She showed me the 3 distinctive lines in the area that indicate that we would be having a baby GIRL. Now, I'm not buying pink (or purple) anytime soon, and Kelly said that she was about 65% sure, so a penis still could be hiding. But, it's fun to at least think that I might be having a girl, and window shop for now:) My full anatomy scan and confirmation will be in about 6-8 weeks.
After Kelly left, the Dr. came in to go over everything. He mentioned that there was one issue they found, and that was that the blood flow to the uterus was a bit restricted. He said it was "normal" in early pregnancy and it should fix itself, but for now I should take a baby aspirin a day to help things along. I'll be monitored rather closely to check for hypertension and to make sure that the baby is growing well, since those are the two things that could directly be effected by the condition. I just pray that it does indeed fix itself, and your prayers are welcomed too!
So, that is it for now, my next OB appt is 8/11 (our anniversary) and tomorrow I will begin my last week in the first trimester! WOOHOO.
Adios.




1 comment:
how exciting - possibly a girl?!?!?! i will keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Post a Comment