We found out yesterday that we are having yet another little boy! The feelings that ran through my body were overwhelming. I was excited, nervous (outnumbered like CRAZY!), feeling blessed, and not going to lie, a TAD bummed that it wasn't a girl.
I couldn't knock a smile off of my face, to know that my little boy is healthy and going to be here in about 22 weeks. I was lucky to have Kyle, Kyle's parents, brother Marc and lil Coen in the room when we found out! At one point Kyle's Mom had Coen up to the screen to look at the baby and the baby started waving to Coen. (pictures below, must warn you, the 3D versions can be viewed as freaky at this stage of the pregnancy!) At first with only one hand, but then both hands started going up and down and his mouth opened. It solidified my thoughts that these two are going to be best friends. What better gift to give Coen than a best friend for life!
Cameron had football practice and could not share in the experience. I was a tad bummed, but he worked hard for that STARTING QB position (YAY), so he needed to be with his teammates. To tell him the big news, I ordered a chocolate cake, his favorite, and had them put blue icing in the middle, so when he cut the cake he found out it was a boy. All along Cameron had told me he wanted another brother, I guess within the past week he changed his mind and was hoping for a sister, so he was a tad bummed himself, but I still think he is very happy.
Last night I got emotional about everything, and it wasn't because of how I felt, but because of some of the reactions I got from my friends and my family. I know a lot of people "hoped for a girl" and were "thinking pink" for me, but I truly felt as though I disappointed a lot of people with the news that it is a boy. I got a few "Sorry" and "awwww, just try again" which really upset me. I do NOT need to try again, we are so lucky and fortunate to say that we will have three beautiful boys. I know so many women who are struggling to even conceive a child, and my heart goes out to them, hell I was one of them at one point. To for one second think that I am not happy or that I will not be complete unless I have a girl is just ridiculous.
I'll never have to worry about paying for any weddings, I'll only have 3 penis' to worry about instead of a million that come knocking on my door, and I'll have 3 Momma's boys, and nothing can compete with that!
AND, as Kyle mentioned, I won't have to change the name of my blog:) Thank goodness for that!!! lol.
So, I'll leave you with the pictures from the u/s and if I EVER figure out how to upload the u/s video I will do that too.
God Bless:)





No comments:
Post a Comment