I'm almost halfway done with this pregnancy, amazing!
Today I had my anatomy scan and monthly visit, and I was left wanting more... way more! My OB is in a brand new office that they just moved into a few days ago, so they didn't have the TV screen up in the sonogram room. I didn't really get to see any of the ultrasound which really bummed me out, but Kyle was there and he was able to watch everything on the sono machine with the tech. He actually said there wasn't much to watch, the baby was bouncing ALL over the place. So much so that I could only get one good picture, and I'm not too confident on the tech's measurements either. I measured exactly 18 weeks, whereas every other sono I've had I've measured at least a week (if not more) ahead.
I still have the "notching" where there is restricted blood flow to the uterus, so I'll be going back for another sonogram in 6 weeks to check on growth/development. My weight and blood pressure checked out okay, and the tests for spina bifida came back negative, so that is great news too!
We've come up to a little hump with the baby's name. From the beginning it was definitely "Chase" for a boy, but the other night Kyle and I were having a conversation about football (really!) and he was telling me a story about Peyton and Eli Manning's older brother, Cooper. I immediately stopped him and said, "OMG. I LOVE that name!" He agreed that he liked it as well, and then we sat there in silence for a good amount of time, both contemplating the name. Kyle looked at me and said, "Are we REALLY thinking about changing this kid's name???" I had to laugh, because the truth is, YES, I am! I just really love Cooper; it's fun, cute and most of all, different! I also like that it has the hard "C" like Coen and Cameron.
So anywho, I've started a little poll on the side of the blog, feel free to vote. Kyle and I have discussed not even picking a name until we get to meet the little guy in February... so you might just have to wait and see:)
In other news, Cameron has had two football games and he has started both of them as the QB. He is doing a great job, and I couldn't be more amazed by his efforts and talent. He is also enjoying 3rd grade, and seems to really like his teacher. I haven't heard a thing from her, which kinda annoys me because Cam's 2nd grade teacher was always in contact with the parents. She is older though, and may not be as technologically advanced.
Coen is... well, still same old Coen. Gotta love my little monster! He is really starting to talk up a storm, putting multiple words together- it's adorable. Most notably, he is FINALLY saying "Cami". The child can say everyones name in the family, including Grandma and Grandad, but would always call Cameron "Brother" or "Da". Just this past week he started saying "Cami" and it's the cutest thing in the world. He also sings "The Wheels on the Bus" and does the hand motions, which I die for. I'll definitely post a video of this soon!
Other than that, the NFL starts tonight and the Boorstein household is SIKED:) We are going to the Giants/Skins game this Sunday and I'm hoping the Skins pull it off. It's been way way way too long since I've been able to shut Kyle's mouth up, and I'm ready to do it!
Everyone be safe in this god awful rain, and I'll be in touch:)
Til then...




1 comment:
omg, i love the name cooper... i loved chase too, but cooper is just fitting for some reason. either way of his name, i cant wait to meet him! and hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment