Monday, July 30, 2012

Changes...

Yesterday my little squish pot turned 6 months old. With everything going on in my life, Cooper's 6 months flew by faster than anything else. It's kind of depressing in a way, I haven't been able to totally obsess with his every little detail because my time is divided into 3 (kids). No time to stop and smell the roses if you will. I will say this: He is the sweetest little guy in the world. He loves to cuddle and he lights up when he sees either of his brothers. He is my easiest child BY FAR - except for his hatred for the carseat - I can take him anywhere and he is quiet and content, just looks around and enjoys the scenery. He puts everything in his mouth, like another Boorstein child I know, and is the most mobile child I know for not even being able to crawl yet. I mean seriously, he is a little Rolie Polie Olie)

Not quite sitting up on his own yet, he will sit there for a few seconds and immediately find something he wants to grab for (usually his feet) and lose his balance. We've tried rice cereal and sweet potatoes and he finds the spoon to be the most intriguing part of his meals.

Cameron adores Cooper and Coen - um - tolerates him. To be honest, I should give Coen credit for how well he has done with Cooper. He is starting to share his toys more and more and I do feel confident that once Coop is big enough to play with Coen that he will just love him to pieces. Coen is oblivious to Cooper sleeping though and it doesn't matter how many times you say SHHHHH, that boy does not SHHHHH.

Both boys are doing great in daycare and they just love their Miss Tammy. Cameron is really enjoying his summer at Bar-T. Football has started up again so my evenings are devoted to the Urbana Firehall Field for his practices. He will be starting 4th grade in less than a month...two more years until he enters middle school. Holy crap balls.

As for me, I'm taking whatever time is available to focus on myself and my health. I'm not going to be much to my kids if I remain overweight and tired all of the time. I've started Body by Vi and today marks the beginning of my 3rd week. So far I have lost 8 pounds and 5 inches off of my body. I'm no where near where I want to be but I'm giving it all. "Believe in yourself and you are halfway there."

So for my "I can't believe I am about to say this because I never thought in a million bazillion years" post - Kyle and I are now owners of a.... ugh can I even say it... a MINIVAN! I know, what the fuck, right? Well, it was a deal that we couldn't pass up. 2002 Windstar Limited with only 16k miles on it. The backseat had never even been sat in, this thing is as clean as a whistle. It's a practical vehicle for the family so that we don't have to use the Flex for every single trip. The price was right. Whatever, a thousand excuses can't really justify me owning a minivan but I do... oh how times have changed.

We are in the process of trying to figure out what the hell to do with our house. I wrote down a few options for Kyle and I to discuss in order to get some space back in the house. We decided option 1, entitled "Move Cameron back upstairs" was the best option if we stay in the house. The babies will share a room, Cam will have his own room, we will transform the basement back into a "man cave" and get new furniture for the living room.

Another option we really have to give good thought to is short selling our house. We contemplated this option early last year but decided that too much money had gone into buying our house and we didn't want to just give that up. Enter Cooper into the family and things have changed. Logistically we are on top of each other and as the boys get older our space is only going to get smaller. Short selling and getting out of our house will give us the opportunity to rent something in Urbana - where we ultimately want to be (or we think)  - and then we can give buying a house another try in a few years. I'm going to set up some time with a real estate lawyer soon to go over the ins and outs to see if it is the best option for us. I'm also waiting to see how much income Kyle's 2nd job is going to be bringing in to see what we can really afford to rent. Realistically to rent something in Urbana with the space we require is going to run at least $2500.00 a month. Go figure the one place we want to go is the one place that really hasn't been affected by this housing market.

That's about it for now... We are having Jessica's baby shower this weekend, and our 5th wedding anniversary is next weekend. Holy 5 feeling like 20! Only kidding:) We will also have Cooper's 6 month photo shoot within the next few weeks so lots of good things coming up! Stay tuned for pictures... Until then:)


No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones