I've never been one to take life, my health or my family for granted, but it is days like today when I hear of so many tragic things that remind me of how quickly things can go from amazing to horrific in a split second.
Although I don't know some of these people personally and I don't know all of the details, my thoughts and prayers are with the families and I ask that yours are as well.
Friends of Amanda Moneypenny just lost their 1 year old baby boy yesterday. He went down for a nap yesterday afternoon and the angels took him away.
A mother of a child at Brady Moneypenny's daycare gave birth to twin girls less than a week ago, they were only 23 weeks gestation and yesterday they were taken to heaven as well.
I saw a Facebook post this morning from an old friend of mine that I twirled with growing up. She mentioned another twirling friend of mine and said that she was in her final hours of life after battling colon cancer. She is going to leave behind two young children, a husband and many loving friends and family. I'm not sure of her exact age but I can't imagine her being over 32.
A few weeks ago a few of my friends had to say goodbye to a good friend of theirs who lost her battle with stomach cancer. She left behind a young boy; she too was young and had many more years left to live.
I often question God. I know everyone says that he has his reasons, but so few of them actually make sense to me. I can't begin to imagine the emotions that these families are enduring right now, the pain I feel for only listening to them is almost too much to handle. Most Mother's will say that their biggest fear in life is losing one of her children and I couldn't agree more. I'd also say that leaving my children behind is something I fear. You always imagine what your children will grow up to be like, what college they will attend, how many grandchildren they will give you. You never stop to think "what if" because that thought is unimaginable. The sad truth remains, it could happen to any one of us.
Hold tight to your loved ones. Always tell them that you love them. Always kiss them goodnight. Never go to sleep angry. Let the people that you love know how important they are to you everyday, because you never know when there will be no tomorrow.




No comments:
Post a Comment